• March 28, 2024, 05:10:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 5010 directional keys in inverted mode are wrong  (Read 4944 times)

DRZ

• Level 2 Member
5010 directional keys in inverted mode are wrong
« on: October 09, 2013, 05:11:07 AM »

Subject says it all. If the dcs5010 is inverted, and the options for mirror and inversion are checked in the web interface, the directional keys for the same web interface are fixed in the FW, and they are fine. However, in the mydlink lite they are still inverted. In short, if you press the right part of the screen at the directional key, the camera moves left.  Did I miss any fix on this?

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: 5010 directional keys in inverted mode are wrong
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 05:49:04 AM »

Sounds like something no developer/tester  would ever check.

Nice find. You're hired!

Subject says it all. If the dcs5010 is inverted, and the options for mirror and inversion are checked in the web interface, the directional keys for the same web interface are fixed in the FW, and they are fine. However, in the mydlink lite they are still inverted. In short, if you press the right part of the screen at the directional key, the camera moves left.  Did I miss any fix on this?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 07:28:24 AM »

Yes, good catch. I'll have to check if this is also happening on the DCS-5020L, which I suspect it would.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

DRZ

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 04:53:59 PM »

Well, the pan and tilt cameras are usually mounted high to provide a better view of the surroundings. However, the dlink cameras give you a much better coverage below, if you mount them upside down, mainly because of their tilt design. I tried both ways, and the coverage area was much better upside down (I do not care to see birds flying up above). After I checked the mirror and inverted views on the web interface, I had what I needed. Alas, the mydlink lite was agnostic of the pan and tilt controls.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 08:21:24 PM »

Well, the pan and tilt cameras are usually mounted high to provide a better view of the surroundings. However, the dlink cameras give you a much better coverage below, if you mount them upside down, mainly because of their tilt design. I tried both ways, and the coverage area was much better upside down (I do not care to see birds flying up above). After I checked the mirror and inverted views on the web interface, I had what I needed. Alas, the mydlink lite was agnostic of the pan and tilt controls.

Turn your phone upside down????  :o

DRZ

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 02:26:03 AM »

Turn your phone upside down????  :o
Now, why didn't I think about that ?   ::) . Oh, wait! How do you disable the gyro  ;)?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 04:39:59 AM »

The same behavior exists with the DCS-5020L as well on the mydlink website, mydlink+, and mydlink Lite. I did some additional testing and this holds true for Mirror and Flip. I'm surmising that mydlink (in all its flavors) may not know that the host stream is a mirror or flipped.  The host camera would have to pass flags indicating the state change and mydlink must be programmed to adjust the controls accordingly.

I'll pass this information to D-Link...  :-\
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC