• April 28, 2024, 10:16:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DWL 3200AP WDS function and Routing  (Read 20750 times)

marfaoui

• Level 1 Member
DWL 3200AP WDS function and Routing
« on: November 05, 2009, 04:27:50 AM »

Hello,

I'm trying to configure two DWL 3200 AP's, with firmware 2.3 as follows :

1-First one is configured as a normal AP with DHCP enabled and falling back ( Ethernet cable ) to the main router which has DHCP disabled in it, so i have to get the AP in the same range of the router and i also have to give Wireless clients the Internet Gateway which is the router's IP ( it is : 192.192.192.250 configured by a network administrator and can't be changed ...)

2-And for second one, i need to configure it as a WDS to repeat the first AP's signal and to route clients to it and then to the router and Internet.

My question is :

1- Can i use a different ip pool ( Like class A : 10.0.0.1 ) in the first AP's DHCP server and in the same time use the router's ip as a gateway to the internet when i set up my DHCP inside the AP ? I have tried this but routing does not work ! Is there anything else i have to do before it works ! maybe firmware update or anything else in the first AP's config !

2- The second AP does not detect the first one's SSID when i press "SCAN"  in the Wireless Settings page after selecting WDS in the Mode field, but when i go to Rogue AP Detection the first AP is detected normally ! please help me with this cause i spent too much time on it ! and i'm tired !

Note: i have also tried to fill in the fields in the Wireless Settings with first AP's MAC ADDRESS, SSID, Channel, but it does not work !

Thanks !

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
Re: DWL 3200AP WDS function and Routing
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 08:31:02 AM »

I understand that this issue is pressing to you, but posting in all caps like that 7 minutes after your original post does not give anyone any great desire to help you.  This is compounded by the fact that while this forum attracts a worldwide audience, the majority of it's population is in the US, and D-Link's technical staff is in the PST time zone.  Your post was very probably not even viewed by anyone else by the time you made your second post.

1) This device will not do routing.

2) I would want to do further testing as to why they don't discover each other.  If they are not close enough to be listed in a scan, but they are listed as rogues then there are very good odds that they are simply not getting a good enough signal from each other.

Do these problems go away if they are in the same room?
non progredi est regredi

marfaoui

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 11:42:22 AM »

I'm sorry for being so pressed but this thing took me so much time !

1) This device will not do routing.           :'(

2) The two AP's are in the same room, and as you said Rogue AP Detection is working.

So is there anything else i can do ?

Thanks

marfaoui

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 11:24:41 AM »

Can you tell me if i have to use WDS with AP or only WDS if i want the second AP to repeat the first one's signal ?

Thank you

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 10:29:08 AM »

Use a WDS mode if you wish to form a wireless bridge (different than repeating, it is better than repeating).  Use an AP mode if you need clients to connect to the AP.  WDS with AP is using both at the same time.
non progredi est regredi

marfaoui

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 12:17:53 PM »

Thank you fatman,

Can you tell me what i have to do if detection does not work even with the two AP's in the same room !
but Rogue AP did detect each time i scan !

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 12:34:22 PM »

I am less worried about automatic detection than about when you enter it manually.  But assuming it fails then the only answer I have is wireless environment.  Perhaps you have them too close?  I know it sounds confusing, but there is no real troubleshooting at this point.  These devices will either take care of everything from that point or they have some environmental issue.
non progredi est regredi

Nice 786

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 01:12:43 PM »

Dear Sir,
                 I have to worked on the DLINK DWL-2100AP AS POINT TO POINT with WDS with AP AND second one  WDS Without  AP

(1)     First Install the Router ADSL &Wimax  (and check the internet)
(2)   Second you are install the DWL 2100AP WITH Mode WDS with AP and connect with the another WDS take the Mac Address  in the WDS With AP and WDS With AP  take the MAC Address in the WDS AND it connect the router with the Lan  cable With the WDS With AP
(3)   Third you are configure the  WDS   on the second DWL-2100AP
(4)   You remember that both WDS With AP and WDS  Same SSID like DLINK and other one same SSID like DLINK
(5)   Be Care full  you are use the Same  WAP \WEP like that same and Same PASSWORD
(6)   When you are enter the net work in  the wireless then  you see  only one DLINK
(7)   I try this one it s fine the working
(8)   If any trouble then send the mail I help you Thanks  ghazanfarali_1@hotmail.com

Nice 786

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 01:18:41 PM »

Dear Sir,
                 I have to worked on the DLINK DWL-2100AP AS POINT TO POINT with WDS with AP AND second one  WDS Without  AP

(1)     First Install the Router ADSL &Wimax  (and check the internet)
(2)   Second you are install the DWL 2100AP WITH Mode WDS with AP and connect with the another WDS take the Mac Address  in the WDS With AP and WDS With AP  take the MAC Address in the WDS AND it connect the router with the Lan  cable With the WDS With AP
(3)   Third you are configure the  WDS   on the second DWL-2100AP
(4)   You remember that both WDS With AP and WDS  Same SSID like DLINK and other one same SSID like DLINK
(5)   Be Care full  you are use the Same  WAP \WEP like that same and Same PASSWORD
(6)   When you are enter the net work in  the wireless then  you see  only one DLINK
(7)   I try this one it s fine the working
(8)   If any trouble then send the mail I help you Thanks  ghazanfarali_1@hotmail.com

Nice 786

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 02:30:47 PM »

Dear Sir,
             kindly fellow step
thanks