• April 28, 2024, 12:39:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Using a DL-624 Router as an Access Point to a Linksys WRT54G  (Read 3615 times)

swizard210

• Level 1 Member

Hey guys,

I have my home network set up on a Linksys WRT54G router.  I want to expand the wireless signal using my DLink DL-624 (http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=6).  I have read a number of guide online on how to do this, but I keep running into a problem.  On the DL-624, I successfully disabled UPnP, and the DHCP Server.  However all the guides online tell me to change the LAN IP Range to that which falls within my Linksys router's range.  My Linksys router's IP is 192.168.1.1, and it starts it's DHCP assigning from 192.168.1.100.  So what I understand from the online tutorials is that I am supposed to change my DL-624 LAN IP Range (which by default is 192.168.0.1) to 192.168.1.2.  When I make this change and hit save settings, it just keep spinning on me and then I don't know what to do.  Also, once I make this change, I am unable to access my DL-624 router settings.  Meaning, when I go to 192.168.0.1 which is how I originally accessed these settings, the page does not load.  I even tried going to 192.168.1.2 since that's what I changed it to yet still nothing loads.

Note: I have not connected the DL-624 to my Linksys router yet.

If someone could please lay out all the instructions on what to do and what I am doing wrong, I would truly appreciate it!

Thank you in advance!