• April 24, 2024, 04:24:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: MyDlink Access App - Access to DNS-320L directly over WLAN  (Read 5281 times)

gabberkopf

• Level 1 Member
    • gwerdi.ch
MyDlink Access App - Access to DNS-320L directly over WLAN
« on: December 10, 2012, 04:51:15 AM »

I use the myDlink Access App on iPhone. Everything works fine but im looking for a way to connect directly to the NAS when I'm in the same WLAN. I want to backup my photos and videos from iphone this way. But the myDlink App seems to connect over internet always which is unnecessary and slow for my case.

Any idea what I could do or is there another (free) app to use for direct NAS access?

priitv8

• Level 3 Member
Re: MyDlink Access App - Access to DNS-320L directly over WLAN
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 06:28:46 AM »

If you enable WebDAV access on the NAS, then you can connect from iOS device directly.
I am not sure if that will help with your camera roll though.
I assume from your username, you can read german. So you can check the manuals on D-Link german FTP site: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=44929.msg162639#msg162639
Pay attention to the WebDAV instructions.

gabberkopf

• Level 1 Member
    • gwerdi.ch
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 05:21:50 AM »

Thank you for the hint. I already enabled WebDav but the problem is, i didn't find any useful app to bulk upload photos and videos to the NAS. Either I have to upload one by one or I cannot upload videos or the app crashes. The MyDlink App would do good job but only with detour through the internet.

Mausschubser

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 12:26:30 PM »

Hi gabberkopf!

I use the Apps iTransfer and FileExplorer on my iPhone 4S.

iTransfer is free. It allows FTP Access to shares which are setup up for that. Files can be up/downloaded in a bulk. Photos directly from/to the iPhone's camera roll.

FileExplorer costs a few bucks. It grants access to all network shares from your DNS-320L directly. Also bulk up/download possible. Photos to/from camera roll as well.

There are some more available, but the above 2 I like most.

For local access from inside your home network you enter the IP address of your NAS for both, FTP and network shares.
For access from a remote location through Internet (WiFi or 3G) I set up a dynamic DNS service, so that I have a "real" internet-address. The DynDNS is set-up inside my DSL router (FritzBox) and with port forwarding it goes to the DNS-320L. I don't use its own internal DDNS, but this may work as well.

gabberkopf

• Level 1 Member
    • gwerdi.ch
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 01:46:43 AM »

Thank you for your help.

I will try iTransfer too. I already have FileExplorer but somehow it didn't work fine for me. But meanwhile i found the perfect app for photo and videobackup. Its Mebia FTP. Not free but it does its job. It remembers, which files have been uploaded already.