• March 28, 2024, 05:30:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Add-on "PlexMedia Server v.0.9.11.4." for D-Link NAS  (Read 135671 times)

vtverdohleb

• Level 5 Member
    • Add-Ons for D-Link NAS
Re: Add-on "PlexMedia Server v.0.9.11.4." for D-Link NAS
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2015, 03:21:19 AM »

Hi I've got FFP all installed but I'm unsure how to use the PLEX content. I'm very new to all this. I am running DNS-320 and would really appreciate some help.

On the DNS-320 to install the addon PlexMedia Server is impossible. There are add-ons only for such models: DNS - 320L/325/327L/340L/345.
Add-on Application questions and issues, please include the following minimal information in your post:
* ShareCenter Model
* Add-on Name
* Add-on Version
* Detailed Description of your Issue
Donate: http://dlink.vtverdohleb.org.ua/Add-On/donate.php

Anupheaus

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2015, 07:23:33 AM »

Hi,

I've just installed this plugin on my D-Link ShareCenter DNS 345 and it installs fine, gets enabled fine, appears as an addon fine but when I click on the addon to configure it I get a 404 not found error message.  Any suggestions please?

rosunad

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2015, 03:03:39 PM »

Tried to install every version of plex add-on for my 320L but i always get the same 'Install failes. check file' error

I don't have any problem with others add-on

I've got the latest firmware installed on my dlink 320L

What am i doing wrong?

rosunad

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2015, 03:33:28 PM »

Tried to install every version of plex add-on for my 320L but i always get the same 'Install failes. check file' error

I don't have any problem with others add-on

I've got the latest firmware installed on my dlink 320L

What am i doing wrong?

Ok, i'll answer myself.

The universal answer.....reboot the NAS....and everything works again :)

jukemo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2015, 11:55:08 AM »

I have DNS-320LW and on plex v1.05 subtitles does not work, forced or agents. I can choose the subtitle, but it does not show on play. I tried every possible solution on google - no success. English subtitles shows, but foregin not.

If I remove 1.05 and install 1.04, subtitles work.
Can somebody pls help me...

darkdiamond

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2015, 04:18:03 PM »

Same here :-\

vtverdohleb

• Level 5 Member
    • Add-Ons for D-Link NAS
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2015, 10:19:13 AM »

This is a question for Plex 0.9.9.14 and not the addon v.1.05... If Plex 0.9.9.14 has this problem, ready to collect another version, which does not have this problem.
Add-on Application questions and issues, please include the following minimal information in your post:
* ShareCenter Model
* Add-on Name
* Add-on Version

adiam

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2015, 09:33:01 AM »

Anyone else getting an erorr saying that the files/page cannot be found from the links?

Also is there any guides how to actually install plex onto the D-Link  ShareCenter 320-L ?

Thanks
Adam

mollison92

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2015, 07:42:30 AM »

I have been able to install the application successfully, and would like to install the Plex Trakt.tv plugin to the plugin folder of Plex, but i cannot seem to find a way to get to this folder.., Any help would be great :)

vtverdohleb

• Level 5 Member
    • Add-Ons for D-Link NAS
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2015, 09:09:38 AM »

I have been able to install the application successfully, and would like to install the Plex Trakt.tv plugin to the plugin folder of Plex, but i cannot seem to find a way to get to this folder.., Any help would be great :)

All the plugins are in the directory
/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/Plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins
Access to this directory, for example, possible for SCP. Under Windows this program WinSCP. The same is possible with an addon elFinder.
* ShareCenter Model
* Add-on Name
* Add-on Version

samson41879

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2015, 10:13:17 AM »

Dear all,

I have installed PLEX addon on DNS 320L and it runs OK but I have some problems with permissions...
On home page it says: "You do not have permission to access this server." (please see screen shoot)

Actually, the Plex Media Server is run by a special user plex who doesnt have access to the local shares by default.
Can you show me how can I give "plex" user access to all my folders on NAS? Or this is some other problem?

Thank you for answering!

Miaou63

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2015, 01:57:45 AM »

Hi samson41879,

Did you installed and launched the app using the app manager ?
DNS-320L - 1.04.B12

samson41879

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2015, 05:47:44 AM »

Hello,

thanks for replay...
Yes, I installed and launched the app using the app manager add ons feature.

Does that help somehow?

Thank you!

Hi samson41879,

Did you installed and launched the app using the app manager ?

Miaou63

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2015, 04:24:01 AM »

Did you manage to make it work ?

I installed it with the app manager and the application is runned by root not plex user so i do not have any access problem ..
DNS-320L - 1.04.B12

philphil61

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2015, 01:15:11 PM »

Dear all,

I have installed PLEX addon on DNS 320L and it runs OK but I have some problems with permissions...
On home page it says: "You do not have permission to access this server." (please see screen shoot)

Actually, the Plex Media Server is run by a special user plex who doesnt have access to the local shares by default.
Can you show me how can I give "plex" user access to all my folders on NAS? Or this is some other problem?

Thank you for answering!

Here is the basic instructions on how to install/get Plex working.
Download Plex.  Access your NAS by typing the IP address and login.  Go to Management then Application Management.  Look at the left column (in grey box) and click "Add Ons" then "Choose File" (box) and browse to find the Plex download and select it.  Then click "Apply".  You should see the blue circle (uploading/installing) and eventually a popup will ask for permission as it's not a recognised application - click yes and wait further.  Eventually the screen will refresh and show Plex as installed.  You need to click the green arrow to start it.  Then once the green arrow becomes red go to Applications at the top and look for Plex icon in the list "Enabled Add Ons" and click it.  On the next click "Launch Interface".

A new window will open for Plex.  You need to register (free) and then begin to add your content.  To do this simply click the +(plus sign) to the right of your NAS drive (top left) and follow the general options.

On my system Plex uses Port 32400 (which is standard for all I think)

I've only had issues when installing updates and to repair the issues I just remove the old and reboot the NAS the intall new - everything else seems straight forward.

HTH's
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6