• April 25, 2024, 07:34:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Right Drive Status Light is out...  (Read 2456 times)

Mickelonis

• Level 1 Member
Right Drive Status Light is out...
« on: July 15, 2010, 10:06:30 PM »

What if one of my drive status lights are out, but otherwise my hard drives seem perfectly healthy?

Thanks,

-Pete

fordem

• Level 10 Member
Re: Right Drive Status Light is out...
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 04:55:52 AM »

There are reports of the LEDs failing - if the status shows the drives as functional and you can access the data, then you probably have a failed LED - if it's under warranty, you can RMA the entire unit, if not, you can choose to live with it, replace it, or find a way to replace the LED.
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

Mickelonis

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 09:11:35 AM »

There are reports of the LEDs failing - if the status shows the drives as functional and you can access the data, then you probably have a failed LED - if it's under warranty, you can RMA the entire unit, if not, you can choose to live with it, replace it, or find a way to replace the LED.

Just spent over an hour calling customer support.... Dlink: Start hiring people who speak proper english! (yes, I just said that..... and no, I'm not racist)

Sounds like my warranty is out.... I'm on my own it seems. I wish there was a way to find the part number of that light and order myself a new one.... I'd solder it myself...

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 02:08:32 PM »

I wish there was a way to find the part number of that light and order myself a new one.... I'd solder it myself...

You know if you really wanted to - it wouldn't be that difficult - even without a part number.

It's a 3 wire LED - it'll take you about 10 mins (if that long) to disassemble the unit and determine if it's common anode or common cathode - that, the color and the size is all you really need to know.
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.