• March 28, 2024, 01:31:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: DCS-930L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 406543 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-930L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2011, 04:47:44 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

• General - Ability to add accounts without administrative access to camera settings or web interface (i.e. view only account)
  • General - Add control for user language
  • General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled, ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Admin password length too short
  • General - Daylight savings time support
  • General - Disable telnet and enable SSH for command line access
  • General - Include more segmentation for the FTP file name date/time suffix: e.g. change "DCS-930L_2011090114562601.jpg" to "DCS-930L_20110901_14562601.jpg" or "DCS-930L_2011.0901.1456.2601.jpg"
  • General - Option to include date and time stamps on captured images
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • General - User password length too short
  • Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking
  • FTP - Test failure messages should display the cause of failure (e.g."server not found", "unknown username", "bad password");  the current messaging "Failed" provides little diagnostic value
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following refresh (currently requires iterating through multiple pages)
  • FTP - Ability to maintain an FTP'd image history for a user defined period (e.g. 24 hours) whereby older images are automatically deleted, ensuring no more than a fixed number of images are maintained on the destination server at any given time
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of FPS)
  • mydlink - mydlink registration independent of device configuration wizard
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

RDK45

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2011, 07:58:11 AM »

JavaLawyer....I think that my firmware wish request (Nov 26) was in error!!

JavaLawyer.....OK for the DLink web site.  However, I was requesting a "view video only" account on the DLink Camera itself.  They allow for setting up accounts, but those accounts are "all powerful", I'd like an option for a "view video only" type so local users could view the camera video but not be able to mess with the settings.......RDK

I have just discovered that I CAN create additional ID/PW combinations and that they DO NOT have "admin" authority to access and change the camera setting.  So please remove that item from your list.

Also I strongly second the requests for a combined Schedule and Motion Detection trigger for FTP and E-Mails.

Thanks....RDK

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2011, 08:17:49 AM »

JavaLawyer....I think that my firmware wish request (Nov 26) was in error!!

I have just discovered that I CAN create additional ID/PW combinations and that they DO NOT have "admin" authority to access and change the camera setting.  So please remove that item from your list.

Also I strongly second the requests for a combined Schedule and Motion Detection trigger for FTP and E-Mails.

Thanks....RDK

Thanks for catching that oversight ;)
Removed....

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2011, 08:18:38 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

• General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled, ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Include more segmentation for the FTP file name date/time suffix: e.g. change "DCS-930L_2011090114562601.jpg" to "DCS-930L_20110901_14562601.jpg" or "DCS-930L_2011.0901.1456.2601.jpg"
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • FTP - Test failure messages should display the cause of failure (e.g."server not found", "unknown username", "bad password");  the current messaging "Failed" provides little diagnostic value
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following refresh (currently requires iterating through multiple pages)
  • FTP - Ability to maintain an FTP'd image history for a user defined period (e.g. 24 hours) whereby older images are automatically deleted, ensuring no more than a fixed number of images are maintained on the destination server at any given time
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of FPS)
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)

fecauk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2011, 10:19:44 AM »

Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule
Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2011, 08:31:57 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-930L Wishlist

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2011, 04:13:46 PM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-930L Wishlist

• Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)

ikecomp22

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2011, 11:15:51 AM »

I didn't quite see this listed but....

Motion Detection: Add delay interval for emails to prevent the camera from sending too many emails within a short time span (i.e. only send a motion detection email if 5 or 10 minutes have passed from last email alert)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2011, 12:17:14 PM »

I didn't quite see this listed but....

Motion Detection: Add delay interval for emails to prevent the camera from sending too many emails within a short time span (i.e. only send a motion detection email if 5 or 10 minutes have passed from last email alert)

Already included...

Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)

ikecomp22

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2011, 12:43:49 PM »

Already included...

Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)

Sorry, didn't read the last updated list. Thanks!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2011, 01:19:40 PM »

Sorry, didn't read the last updated list. Thanks!

No problem. . . The firmware wishlist (and thread) are getting pretty long.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2012, 11:10:45 AM »

A local PC (Mac) on my LAN. I haven't enabled d-link, and am not likely to, for security reasons.

I split your question into a new post since this isn't related to the firmware wishlist: Password Issue

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2012, 06:51:26 AM »

DCS-930L Wishlist

• Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)

wind0ze

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2012, 11:13:40 PM »

Can you please, please add an option to bump up the wireless power? If it's beta I'm willing to test it. : )

Turns out I can't use wireless because it can't detect my network (unless in the same room). I've tried changing channels, upping my router's transmission power (mW). No wireless joy for me.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 01:02:29 AM by wind0ze »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2012, 04:36:49 AM »

Can you please, please add an option to bump up the wireless power? If it's beta I'm willing to test it. : )

Turns out I can't use wireless because it can't detect my network (unless in the same room). I've tried changing channels, upping my router's transmission power (mW). No wireless joy for me.

Unfortunately, this list is only for changes impacting firmware. Increasing the wireless power may cross into the realm of hardware and may impact the technical specifications.  ???
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11