• March 28, 2024, 01:41:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: DNS-323 - 1.08 Ongoing Issue List  (Read 108377 times)

jamieburchell

• Level 6 Member
Re: DNS-323 1.08 Ongoing Issue List - Updated April 5th 2010
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2010, 01:31:30 AM »

Disable any AV/blocker software? Try another browser or another computer?
If your little 323 is not working right,
You've racked your brains and been up all night
Take a deep breath and wipe away the sweat,
Login as web admin and try a factory reset!

escaner

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2010, 04:34:17 AM »

A couple of bugs more:

* When the fan speed is set to manual high and the NAS boots, it is set to low speed.

* When the fan speed is set to manual high and the HDDs go to sleep, the fan is switched to low speed. Besides, when the discs come back awake, the fan speed is kept at low.

Óscar

Boogieman

• Level 1 Member
Hangs / Can not log in - part 2
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2010, 04:56:52 AM »

Installed FW 1.08
Installed BT addon 1.0

Normally i can access the web interface ONE time.
Next time i try to access it, I can login and go to the BT page but no torrents are shown.
But I have seen that IE allways seems to try to load a button image (btn-browse.png) when this happens, as can be seen in the bottom bar on the attached picture (status bar of IE).
Can this "button image" bee corrupt or what can be the problem? How can i fix it.

The problem happens both on Win 7 x64 and Win XP 32-bit.

When the problem appears nothing works in WebUI, I can not log out, go to settings...nothing
After I kill the window I can not log in att all to the DNS-323 via WebUI, so I have to hard restart it.

After I restart the DNS-323 by pressing the hardware button for 3seconds, all my torrents restarts from 0%

Does anyone have any ideas?
My 1Tb disk starts to get full, about 40Gb left, but I guess this should not induce the problem, unless it is some kind of unused cache.

Regards
Boogieman

Disable any AV/blocker software? Try another browser or another computer?

1.Tried disabling Avira Antivir - samme issue (it did not halt on the browsebtn.png but it halted and did not show the torrents and i could not get to the log in page after that, as in last post)
2. Tried on another PC with win XP32 bit in IE (wired LAN) - same issue
3. Tried on win 7x64 with 32 bit IE browser (Wired+Wireless LAN) - same issue
4. Tried on win 7x64 with 64 bit IE browser browser (Wired+Wireless LAN) - same issue
5. Tried on win vista PC with 32 bit IE browser (wireless LAN) - same issue

It have worked on all three systems before, so i am clueless.
Can only think of FW issue, BT addon issue or corrupt files in hidden dirs for NAS BT addon ?

Regards
Bogieman ???

ps
There seem to be an issue when writing long posts here in the forum IE on Win 7 x64 system.
Each time you have typed a character it jumps up to start of the edited post. So you can only see what you are wwriting for a fraction of a second (as long as you keep a key pressed).
ds
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 05:18:10 AM by Boogieman »

ruggieroav

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2010, 01:52:17 PM »

I'd like to add to the bug list in version 1.08/1.09.  I was sucessfully using a Lexmark printer under 1.07 with my DNS-323 - it showed up in System Status under the USB devices section - in fact, I was using it attached to a powered hub, and THAT showed up too.  Now, under version 1.09, the USB devices say NONE.   Will doing a factory-defaults reset help here?

Thanks!

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2010, 02:05:17 PM »

If you didn't do a factory default reset when you upgraded firmware, that would be my first step.  Also, don't restore a saved configuration, you have to start from scratch when you upgrade the firmware.  Your data is obviously not affected, but the configuration of the NAS is.

Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.

ruggieroav

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2010, 03:55:26 PM »

Thanks Gunrunner,

I knew I should have done that, as I think I'll have to reset some users and permissions too.   Oh well.  I'm currently copying 1TB of data BACK to the NAS, and it's gonna take a while, so I'll do the factory-reset tomorrow or Saturday and report back.  I've upgraded from two 1TB disks in RAID 1 to two 2TB hard drives in RAID 1, so upgrading the firmware was primarily to support these new disks.   I guess with all the extra features added since 1.06 or 1.07, a reset / reconfiguration makes the most sense,  but I wanted to make sure the drives were formatted, recognzied, and acessible first.

Just a side note about restoring the data - I placed one of the old drives in a E-SATA enclosure and used a program called EXT2 IFS For Windows to read the data, and do a standard Windows file copy back to the new VOLUME_1.

Hope it's okay to post >> http://www.fs-driver.org/index.html << not mine, but it helped me.  YMMV.

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2010, 04:04:44 PM »

I have an alternate EXT2/EXT3 driver that runs for me under Windows 7 to read Linux disks.

I think you'll have better luck after the factory reset.

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2010, 02:39:45 PM »

Shouldn't this be an ongoing issues in 1.09 now?

Anyway here's the issue...

If the DNS-323 is set to report the public ip address when using passive ftp, it reports the ip address that was entered when the ftp server was setup, rather than the public ip address at the time of the request.

If you enter the current public ip address when setting up the ftp server everything works, but if you have a dynamic public ip address, and that address changes, then you need to be aware of the change and  manually change the setting in the ftp server setup or passive ftp will not work.

This should be an easy fix.
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

Boogieman

• Level 1 Member
Re: Hangs / Can not log in - part 2
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2010, 08:23:25 AM »

1.Tried disabling Avira Antivir - samme issue (it did not halt on the browsebtn.png but it halted and did not show the torrents and i could not get to the log in page after that, as in last post)
2. Tried on another PC with win XP32 bit in IE (wired LAN) - same issue
3. Tried on win 7x64 with 32 bit IE browser (Wired+Wireless LAN) - same issue
4. Tried on win 7x64 with 64 bit IE browser browser (Wired+Wireless LAN) - same issue
5. Tried on win vista PC with 32 bit IE browser (wireless LAN) - same issue

It have worked on all three systems before, so i am clueless.
Can only think of FW issue, BT addon issue or corrupt files in hidden dirs for NAS BT addon ?

Regards
Bogieman ???

ps
There seem to be an issue when writing long posts here in the forum IE on Win 7 x64 system.
Each time you have typed a character it jumps up to start of the edited post. So you can only see what you are wwriting for a fraction of a second (as long as you keep a key pressed).
ds
Solved the problem.
Each time the above problem happened, I could not log in.
Hence i Could not restart the NAS from the web page.
Hence i made a "3-5 sec button push" on the NAS to shut it down.

Obviously shutting down the NAS hardwarewise is different from doing a "restart from the http-page".

Because after i made restart from the webpage...the torrent pages are displyaing fine again.
Very strange indeed?

Boogie

ruggieroav

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2010, 04:36:03 PM »

Okay, I should have started my own thread here, but I think this is a serious bug in that "traditional" USB is now officially BROKEN on the DNS-323, just like it is/was on the DIR-655 that I own.  Why?  I'll tell ya why... SHAREPORT!

After resetting things, I noticed my previously-recognized LEXMARK printer was STILL NO LONGER being recognized, so I took a chance, installed the shareport add-on and client to one computer, and BINGO, I can print again! The web interface of the DNS-323 STILL says that NO devices are connected, but Shareport sees my Lexmark Z600 series [an older model I know, but there are actually Windows 7 drivers for it], and lets me print to it.  The shareport and drivers actually allow for full bi-directional communication with the printer, so that's actually good - but I had a good thing going earlier too!

I wanted to avoid extra client software on my computers, but if that's what it takes, D-Link....  I'll play the game for now.

Anyone successful using Firmware 1.09 with a Lexmark Z600/z605?  Any other "printers" showing up as NONE in the web interface.  Or, even though the WEBUI says None, things work normally anyway?

???

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2010, 05:15:07 PM »

Well, I had to abandon the DNS-323 print server, seems there's a memory leak in the LPD support in Windows 7, so after a couple of days, the spooler was several gigabytes!  I decided that wasn't going to do the trick...

stanchiam

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2010, 11:24:40 PM »

please include kernel update in next firmware release

PeterF

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2010, 01:00:16 PM »

I have an alternate EXT2/EXT3 driver that runs for me under Windows 7 to read Linux disks.

I think you'll have better luck after the factory reset.

What is your alternate EXT2/EXT3 driver?  Ext2IFS hasn't been working for me since I upgraded my firmware and reformatted.

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2010, 01:26:02 PM »

Ex2FSD http://sourceforge.net/projects/ext2fsd/ is the one I use, I had problems with Ext2IFS didn't work for me with Windows 7.

dunken

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2010, 01:33:10 PM »

Hi..

I bougt my DNS-323 for a week ago. i have fw1.08 .
and today the Bittorent dont download anything ,everyting peers/seeds are 0 . and i have the port that DNS-323 is using forwareded on my router.

do anybody have a solution to this ?

thanks // =D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7