• April 18, 2024, 09:35:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: VPN with WBR-2310  (Read 6490 times)

nysh

• Level 1 Member
VPN with WBR-2310
« on: July 26, 2009, 08:04:13 AM »

I am trying to connect my laptop at home to my office network through VPN. however it always failed. with the same setting in my laptop, I can successfully connect to my office in a Holiday Hotel, so the setting in my laptop must be correct.

the WBR2310 router in my home is controlled with another desktop and I have updated the fireware to 1.05.

Anybody has any suggestions?

Thanks.

bjrichus

• Level 3 Member
Re: VPN with WBR-2310
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 01:15:52 PM »

I don't use the 2310 firmware anymore, so can't remember the setting, but you will need to enable a few setting for a VPN to work. I use the Cisco VPN at work (vsn 1.5 or something)...

Now lets see (from memory)...

Make sure ALL the boxes are checked in the Advanced / Firewall / VPN Passthough screen.

I don't know if enabling the Gaming option would help, but it is supposed to help some things. Also, I don't know if you need to enable multicast streams... you could do worse than experiment and see if these two things help too! These two are under Advanced / Advanced Network ....

Good luck.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 01:20:53 PM by bjrichus »

nysh

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 08:35:27 AM »

sorry, it still does not work.
thanks anyway.

kneel

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 10:53:22 AM »

I am having the same problem.  I know my VPN works but for some reason at home through my WBR-2310 it always says "Connection terminated by the client"  I am using Cisco Systems VPN Client v4.8.01.0300 and firmware 1.05 on my router.  I have quadrupled checked and all 3 VPN passthrough options are and were enabled, by default, and I tried enabling and disabling other services but no luck. 
Did a full reset then firmware upgrade to 1.05. 

I have used many VPN clients before with no problems on the WBR-2310 including Nortel Connectivity Client and AT&T's VPN for IBM

Dlink, help?