• April 17, 2024, 10:16:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: xbox 360 cannot connect to network  (Read 6928 times)

stoutr

xbox 360 cannot connect to network
« on: October 25, 2008, 11:38:43 AM »

My 360 does not connect to the network or if I get lucky, it connects for about 3 seconds then disconnects.

First - all my other devices - 2 desktops and a wireless laptop - connect just fine and have no issues.

Even better is that my crappy old Linksys WRT54G works just fine.

History

I had a 360 that my son took to college (imp). It was running on the DGL-4500 just fine - hard wired. I got a new console and installed it the day after XboxLive did their upgrade (9/29). All connection tests on the 360 fail at "Network Adapter" about 95% of the time.  Was it does connect, it disconnects in about 3 secs.

At first I thought it was a faulty Xbox as there would be no reason for the router to fail. I tried the other ports on the router with the same results and no settings had been changed since the older console was taken away.

I return the console a got another one - has the same problems.

I can connect direct through the cable modem and have no XboxLive connection issues.

I upgraded to firmware 1.12.  Same problems. I upgraded to firmware 1.13. Same problems.  I have since reverted back to 1.12.

I have tried port forwarding and a static IP to no avail.

As you can tell it is driving me nuts.  Any help appreciated
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 12:05:55 PM by stoutr »

RussellM

• Level 2 Member
    • D-Link Technical Support
Re: xbox 360 cannot connect to network
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 04:35:27 PM »

Hello soutr,

Very interesting problem and I feel a little overwhelmed and dumfounded. I remember that update myself and when I looked more into it it appears they actually didn't update anything. Just on their server end. The real XBOX live update will be released later on. I know that's not helping your problem much but it may have been just a coincidence.
http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/09/28/reminder-xbox-live-service-maintenance.aspx

DGL-4500 Gaming and Gamefuel for XBL
Router Troubleshooting Suggestions and Tips

Try a different network cable, perhaps the same cord connected to one of the working desktops. I'll try to ask some colleagues if they have ideas and possible solutions.

Best of Luck,

Russell.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 11:21:56 AM by FurryNutz »

stoutr

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 08:09:55 PM »

Russell,

Unfortunately the Xbox is about 50 feet away from the router.  Cable runs under the carpet into the other room.  I am not sure that I have another long cable but will give that a try if I can.  A little pessimistic that it is the cable since the current one works when directly connected to the modem and is currently working - being connected to the Linksys.

Best

FuriaRi0T

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 09:47:02 PM »

I know this may sound really silly, but try 100% removing all port-forwarding rules you've created. I had a problem with Steam based games on my computer, and the problem was created when I made rules to open ports.

I was told that UPnP wasn't properly functioning with fw1.12 and fw1.13. This has been an on-going problem; all I know is when I removed all my rules for port-forwarding, the problem was remedied.

Working in computer retail for a major company, I've shared my concerns with my D-Link representative. Not sure when and/or if any of this will be 100% addressed and repaired. But it's sure a fun story to tell customers.  :(

Elmar329

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 11:10:48 AM »

I am having a very similar issue. After upgrading my firmware to 1.13 I can no longer connect to Xbox Live with a solid connection speed. If I plug directly into the DSL modem, I can play on Xbox Live with 4 green bars of connection, no problem. The best I can get when playing through the router is 2 yellow bars. I have tried everything I can think of to see if it will help and nothing has worked. (on a side note, moving the Xbox 360 into the DMZ actually made the problem worse. It would connect to Xbox Live, but not to a game host.  ???)
I have since gone to version 1.12, but it is having the same issue. I did not have this issue with the older firmware version I had (I think it was 1.02 but I can't be 100% positive). Lucky me, firmware 1.12 wont let you go back to an older version.
 I noticed in the previous post it stated that version 1.12 and 1.13 of the firmware are having issues with UPnP. How soon will that be fixed?
I would think a firmware issue with UPnP would be a high priority to get resolved.