• May 20, 2024, 02:16:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 100MB on ethernet interface where I configured VLAN interface  (Read 4047 times)

mackop

• Level 1 Member

I have just noticet that LED lights of the ethernet interface where I configured VLAN interface are indicating 100MB speed. I am using DFL-2500 that is connected to 1GB switch. I was expecting 1GB speed.

Is it normal behavior?

danilovav

• Level 4 Member
  • Alexandr Danilov
Re: 100MB on ethernet interface where I configured VLAN interface
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 11:10:10 AM »

Where you saw such value? In switch's UI or in DFL (Status > Interfaces) ?
BR, Alexandr Danilov

mackop

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 12:03:41 PM »

I have observed LED lights flashing of the DFL firewall ports.
Status > Interfaces indicates 100MB Half duplex, but the port is connected to 1GB switch.
I have forced 1GB on the switch and the firewall port, but then they stopped communication.

Other ports of the firewall are connected to the 1GB switch too, but they are conntcted at 1GB speed.
The only difference is that they do not trensfere VLAN.

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 09:46:19 AM »

Do not lock down port speeds at gigabit, the gigabit Ethernet standard was designed to require autonegotiation.

Also do not lock down one side of a connection to full duplex without locking down the other side as well as this WILL cause a duplex mismatch which will be detrimental to your network.

Are any other ports of your DFL connected to the same switch (it looks like you indicated they were but I want to be sure)?

Does switching 2 of the physical interfaces on your DFL show the problem as following the DFL's port or the switches?

Does switching to a different switch port show the problem as following the DFL or the switch port?
non progredi est regredi

mackop

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 09:58:45 AM »

Thank you for the reply. I still have not had chance to play with the firewall, but meanwhile I have split VLANs to other 2 ethernet ports of the firewall.