• April 19, 2024, 08:56:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-323 with d-link G624T, help - I was told they are incompatibile  (Read 2703 times)

marjan

• Level 1 Member

news: today I called Dlink - they told me that DNS-323 and G624T  (both dlink) are incompatibile ?
possible ?

while DNS323 works fine with  Laptop ..

the router G624T seems not to see my DNS ! - network icon lights do not flesh in both DNS and G624t units.
any solutions for this ?

how can I connect them both together , is there someting I don't know ?
I try to find any tips over internet for 2 days - but no luck ?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 12:33:16 AM by marjan »

dosborne

• Level 5 Member
Re: DNS-323 with d-link G624T, help
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 02:11:01 PM »

Try a different port on your router and a different cable.
3 x DNS-323 with 2 x 2TB WD Drives each for a total of 12 TB Storage and Backup. Running DLink Firmware v1.08 and Fonz Fun Plug (FFP) v0.5 for improved software support.

marjan

• Level 1 Member

news: today I called Dlink - they told me that DNS-323 and G624T  (both dlink) are incompatibile ?
possible ?

fordem

• Level 10 Member

possible ?
It's not impossible, but I'd consider it unlikely.  Both devices use time proven ethernet technologies and as long as they meet IEEE's 802.3 standards they should connect just fine - on the other hand, if either has a defect, or the cable connecting them is defective, or perhaps you disabled the auto-negotiation in one or the other, I could see you having problems.

Start by resetting them both to factory defaults and then test each one separately with known good devices to verify that they are both functional.
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.