• April 19, 2024, 12:39:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Windows 7 showing deleted folders  (Read 2923 times)

blueowl

• Level 1 Member
Windows 7 showing deleted folders
« on: August 25, 2009, 11:06:52 PM »

I am running the 323 on Firmware 1.06 and I am having an issue with Windows 7. I am not sure if the problem lies with windows or the drives. I deleted several folders that had downloaded torrents in them. While the majority of the files are gone the folders still show in Windows 7 with a ghost like look. It will not allow me to delete says I do not have permission. I have a windows XP and MAC OS X and I do not see the folders on these PC's they only show in Windows 7.

Some what related I also have an empty folder that shows on all 3 OS's and will not let me delete. It says it is being used by another program. I have rebooted all PC's and DNS 323 yet still unable to delete the folder.

Any suggestions on these?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Windows 7 showing deleted folders
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 11:10:50 AM »

It looks like you may have Win7 setup to see hidden file/folders. What is the folder name?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

blueowl

• Level 1 Member
Re: Windows 7 showing deleted folders
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 08:10:34 PM »

They are folders left over from deleted torrents. And they seem to have some ghost icons in them. Example a TV series shows the folder and then in the folder is ghost icon called thumbs with X next to it, but no sign of the AVI files. Another is movie and in the folder again are ghost icons with the X next to them this folder has two icons one for the old nfo and the other for the avi file.

I delete lots of torrents and there are only 4-5 folders left. I am not sure if I did something different when deleting these. But I do not see them in XP and OSX

So it does not appear to be  hidden folder setting