• March 29, 2024, 02:02:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Recognize folder shortcuts?  (Read 3127 times)

BrianAZ

Recognize folder shortcuts?
« on: February 10, 2008, 07:14:02 PM »

Is there any way to get the DSM-520/320 to recognize Windows shortcuts (to files or folders)? The DLink media server does not appear to. I would like to script something such that I maintain a DB of my video file names with various attributes and their actual locations. I would then use a script to build a directory structure and would navigate through to find a specific file by multiple paths (without having multiple copies of the file).

For example, say I have a file which was made in 2007 and has my buddy "Bob" in it. I am hoping to create a directory structure like the following:

Video
      All
      Year
      People
            Mary
            Sam
            Bob
            Me

I would put the video file in the "All" directory and have shortcuts to it in Year\2007  as well as People\Bob. My goal here would be to be able to easily locate the video searching either by date or person. Of course, if there's an easier way to achieve the same results, I'm open to that too.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Recognize folder shortcuts?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 04:56:46 PM »

I am very sorry but shortcut files are not supported by the DSM-520 or media server software.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream