• April 19, 2024, 05:19:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Remove P2P folder from veto files in samba.conf  (Read 6127 times)

dingelen

• Level 1 Member
Remove P2P folder from veto files in samba.conf
« on: January 13, 2013, 11:24:25 AM »

Hi,

I've noticed that with the update v2.03 the P2P map isn't accessible anymore from the Volume_1 folder over samba. It can still be shared separately but this is inconvenient if you want to move a file from P2P to an other map.

Because both maps are different samba-shares, this will be interpreted as a copy and not a move. This implies that instead of an instantaneous move it will take a long time as a copy.

I've found the problem in the samba.conf file. It uses a line called "veto files" in which the map P2P is mentioned.

I can remove it for certain cases using the funplug pack, but as soon as I add or delete a samba share through the http interface, it resets this samba.conf and also resets the veto files.

Is there some way I can remove this permanently or can it be 'fixed' in the next firmware update?

Grtz,

Tom

dingelen

• Level 1 Member
Re: Remove P2P folder from veto files in samba.conf
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 05:40:13 AM »

I'm starting to think that this forum is a dead end...

JuLx64

• Level 2 Member
Re: Remove P2P folder from veto files in samba.conf
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 07:49:52 AM »

Yep...

In order to overcome the problem of slow copying, I use the internal browser when transfering large files from P2P to other folders. But I agree there should be a more elegant way.