• May 07, 2024, 08:01:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Remote (local) access to SD Card, non-mydlink. How?  (Read 14212 times)

bs27975

• Level 2 Member
Remote (local) access to SD Card, non-mydlink. How?
« on: December 26, 2013, 07:33:10 PM »

How can I remote access the SD card on my 2132L to suck down the files it has captured?
(From local network, not via mydlink.)

e.g. net view \\<mycamipaddress> does not reveal anything, nor does ftp://<mycamipaddress>

UPnP is turned on.

I do, eventually, see the files in VLC media player or Windows Media Player, so UPnP, but I'm just looking to copy the files down, then view locally.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: Remote (local) access to SD Card, non-mydlink. How?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 09:09:25 PM »

Goto the sd card and download via http.

It is slow and painful.

How can I remote access the SD card on my 2132L to suck down the files it has captured?
(From local network, not via mydlink.)

e.g. net view \\<mycamipaddress> does not reveal anything, nor does ftp://<mycamipaddress>

UPnP is turned on.

I do, eventually, see the files in VLC media player or Windows Media Player, so UPnP, but I'm just looking to copy the files down, then view locally.

bs27975

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 03:41:55 AM »

Good point. D'oh!

Thank you for the reminder.

Oops ... not what you meant. But it's what reading your note made me think of. Thank you.

I may be mixing threads / devices (router vs camera). One or the other we sleuthed out the userid / password on these forums.

In any case ... that would be another way, ssh in and do the above. If one could.

Another way would be upnp download. Haven't found such a utility under Windows, but do see the files are visible under vlc and media player. On Linux 'djmount' has worked for me.

7ravler

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 07:20:03 AM »

My ASUS router takes a USB drive that I use to setup an FTP server that I can access from anywhere. I have my DCS-2132L send all captures there. I know this may not be helpful to you if you don't have a router that can handle external drives but it is a solution. The SD card is slow and so far the only way I can remove files from it is to use a card reader which means you have to manually remove the card to manipulate the files.

bs27975

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 02:46:24 PM »

Not sure what you mean by:

> Log in directly to the cameras firmware.

- do you mean ssh in, or (I'm guessing) the camera's http page?
(One can't log in to firmware, thus my question.)

> Goto the sd card and download via http.

- by which you mean right-click file, save as, type of thing?

Referring to http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=53697.msg216964#msg216964

scp -rpP 8992 root@{cam ip}:/mnt/mmc/* .

'course, if only looking for particular files, could replace * with what you're particularly looking for. And could see what candidates there are for such via the web interface.

Problem being, of course, the above line will copy every file every time, rather than just new ones.

I also see ftp there, so one could ssh in to the camera then ftp just the files desired.

telnetd is also there, but I'm not sure what that buys us for this use case.

My initial testing with the above, in this case /mnt/mmc/Video/20131228/* failed,but not in the principle of the attempt, but because scp does not look to be properly iterating down directories to find all files.

...20131228/00/* didn't work either, and I can see files in there.

In all cases:

sh: scp: not found

So, I assumed ssh contained sftp and scp within itself, looks like they are separate binary files not contained on the camera.

- so, I'm wrong in the above, it didn't fail for lack of iteration, it failed for lack of the binary being present on the camera.

Presumably one could get the binaries from another installation but I haven't gone that far. 'lsb_release' is not present to get that info. 'uname -a' gives

root@ /mnt/mmc/Video# uname -a
Linux IPNetCam 2.6.18_pro500-davinci_IPNC_1.00 #1 PREEMPT Fri Dec 7 18:37:33 CST
 2012 armv5tejl GNU/Linux

At ssh in:

Welcome to MontaVista(R) Linux(R) Professional Edition 5.0.0 (0801921).

is presented.

bs27975

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 10:12:01 PM »

scp turns out not to work - no scp on the camera. (I had hoped it was built in to ssh.)

ssh'ing in and ftp'ing back down works remarkably well.

e.g.
ssh -p <port> root@<cam>
cd /mnt/mmc/Video/<date>/<hour>
 ftp <host>
prompt
mput *.avi
mput *.jpg

- one gotcha to note ...for some STUPID reason /etc/services on the cam shows ftp at 7199.

So the above failed forever on me, and I had much chasing of my tail. Ultimately ended up wiresharking things, which led me to the discovery of the non-standard port setting.

ftp <host> 21 <- specifying the port number

Just worked.