• April 16, 2024, 07:43:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Laptops will not recognise wireless connection  (Read 4805 times)

nat1505

• Level 1 Member
Laptops will not recognise wireless connection
« on: December 21, 2010, 04:38:45 PM »

Hi there, laptops and smartphones cannot seem to 'see' my router.  They find my 3 neighbours internet connection, but my own does not show, even from two metres away.  I finally reset the dlink to factory default settings this morning and tried again - but to no avail.  Any ideas.. anyone?  Seems to defeat the entire purpose of a 'wireless' modem.

altair_xms

• Level 2 Member
Re: Laptops will not recognise wireless connection
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 10:04:49 AM »

some details are needed...did you configured your router...?!

nat1505

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 01:55:36 AM »

Well.. I followed all the instructions with the wizard to install, then went back to the wizard for the wireless networ setup - followed it through, but still nothing.  This is my second d-link router, the first worked beautifully for two years then recently went belly-up, hence the new one.  My phone (samsung galaxy s) does now 'see' the connection, but it shows as 'not in range' yet it easily sees the people's across the street - considering I'm only 2 metres away from the router this seems a tad weird.  I'm happy to reinstall the whole thing again, but as this would be my third time, there is obviously something I'm doing wrong, though god only knows what.

nat1505

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 04:10:41 PM »

Wow.. anyone have any suggestions?  My son's iphone can see the connection, my daughter's dsi can see it and connect to it.. but my samsung galaxy phone, and laptops see the dlink as 'not in range' or just simply don't pick it up at all. 

kornhulios

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 11:38:38 AM »

I have had the exact same problem. If I changed the signal settings from sending b/g to b/g/n (in the router) my laptop again could recognize the router signal. It also works backwards. It really is a weird problem.

The settings can be found in the advanced wireless settings.

good luck!