• April 19, 2024, 04:52:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: My D-Link does not seem to generate an 802.11n signal  (Read 2845 times)

zenon

• Level 1 Member
My D-Link does not seem to generate an 802.11n signal
« on: March 20, 2010, 09:38:59 PM »

I bought the DIR-615 so that I could reach my new Panasonic Blu Ray DNP DB85p-K which is nearly out of bounds for my older 802.11g router (Linksys).  I thought that the N protocol would make it.  I have tried every documented method of getting the 615 to spit out a N protocol signal and have failed.  Because I have other units that work only on G, I initially set it to a mix of 802.11g and n.  I set the encryption to all the possibilities (following the advice of Lycan I tried WPA with AES and other encodings).  But all I ever got coming through was g.  When I forced the n (by setting n-only) nothing at all came through to the Blu Ray.  I now suspect that the 615 never did send an n protocol signal.  Has anyone else had this experience?  Has ANYONE succeeded it getting an N signal from the 615?

Thanks.

zenon

• Level 1 Member
Re: My D-Link does not seem to generate an 802.11n signal
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 02:18:45 PM »

I finally managed to get my Blu Ray to connect via 802.11n -- just by trying over and over on different days.  The problem was that the signal strength was too weak to allow the Blu Ruy to pick it up at the times I tried.  The signal was no stronger than it had been with the 802.11g so the exercise was futile.  I am now going to look into the MoCA route to bridge the distance between the TV-Blu Ray and the Router.