• April 26, 2024, 07:36:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Camera online (blue cloud) but can't view camera. Please try again later  (Read 1995 times)

kamelot03

• Level 1 Member

On both the mobile app and website I receive this message after it tries loading for 30-50 seconds - "Could not connect to the device. Please try again later" The cloud is blue and acts like its online but it never connects and errors out.

I can restart the camera and it works fine for  a day or two then I get this message. I'm on the latest firmware and I have the B version. I have had tons of issues with this camera since I got it. I talked to support for 2 hours just to get the firmware updated and installed on my account. Also talked to them about why my audio cuts out every second then comes back on, it's never smooth and I have a good broadband connection.

I am becoming very frustrated with this camera and I think I should of bought another model because it's not worth all this trouble.

Also it only records about 25 seconds after it detects motion.. why can't I specify I want it to record a certain amount of minutes like I could with other DLink cameras.. Very frustrating any help or do I need to return this......

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Camera online (blue cloud) but can't view camera. Please try again later
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 02:17:39 PM »

Link>Welcome!

• Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What wireless modes are you using?
What is the distance between the Camera and the main host router?
How many other wireless devices do you have connected to the main host router?
  • Any 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz cordless house phones or WiFi APs near by that maybe causing interferences?
  • Any other WiFi routers in the area that maybe causing interferences? Link> Use a WiFi Scanner to find out. How many?

I recommend setting a static IP address ON the cameras outside of the main host routers default DHCP IP address pool as a troubleshooting step: 192.168.#.52 DHCP

Test cameras with uPnP and uPnP Port Forwarding both enabled on ALL cameras: DCS Cloud (L) Series Camera Configuration and Mydlink.com
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.