D-Link VPN Router > DSR-150 / DSR-150N

DSR-150 restore configuration fail

(1/2) > >>

rick.curl:
I'm really happy with my DSR-150, so I got a second one as a backup in case anything happened to it.  I did a backup of the configuration and then attempted to restore it to the "backup" router.  I was surprised that it failed saying the config file is invalid. Both routers are running 3.14WW firmware.  The only difference I can find is the first one is hardware revision C1 and the one I got as a backup is hardware version A4. Should I be able to restore this file to the other router?

Thanks.

-Rick   

GreenBay42:
Rev A and C have different boards so config files may not be compatible. I will ask US techs to test.

rick.curl:

--- Quote from: GreenBay42 on February 04, 2020, 06:29:10 PM ---Rev A and C have different boards so config files may not be compatible. I will ask US techs to test.
--- End quote ---
Thanks! Another question just came up.  I think I can get my hands on a DSR-250N Rev. A2.  Any chance I could restore to it?

-Rick

GreenBay42:
It should work. Rev A's should all work since the chipsets do not change between say A1 and A2. Only when the rev letter (A to B for example) there is a chipset change and sometimes config files do not work.  I will find out tomorrow morning when the techs are in.

If you are in the US, you can call the business products line at 1 (877) 354-6555 from 6:30am to 5pm pacific time.

rick.curl:
Any update?

Thanks.

-Rick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version