• April 19, 2024, 08:12:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: IP adress giving issues  (Read 5108 times)

HellDuke

• Level 1 Member
IP adress giving issues
« on: July 23, 2010, 01:35:40 PM »

Time     Message
Jul 23 23:10:53    
Wireless system with Mac address <> deauthenticate reason 3
Jul 23 23:10:53    
Wireless system with Mac address <> disassociate reason 3
Jul 23 23:10:41    
Jul 23 23:10:37    

For some unknown reason barely anyone in the world knows this... Since this is the D-Link forums I was hoping someone would give a hint at the very least and prefferably an explanation what is this "Reason 3". Looked through every literature I could find and googled for hours and couldn't find a normal explanation.

I guess it's a firmware problem, but every time you sleep or hybernate your laptop you will not be able to connect to your DIR-615 wireless network. Sometimes (not always) it helps to find the computer in question in the wireless lan list and revoke the IP adress. However sometimes it just doesn't want to do anything and the mentioned messages are in the log. So I guess if I knew what this "Reason 3" is I could at least try looking into ways to let my computers reconnect to the wireless withouth manually reseting them every time.

In short:
  • What is reason 3
  • If possible, how do I make it so that a computer could automaticaly reconnect to the wireless when it exits hybernate or sleep. Do I need to only change something in the configuration or do I need to update my firmware (I currently have Hardware Version: C2 Firmware Version: 3.02RU) 

smlunatick

• Level 5 Member
Re: IP adress giving issues
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 10:09:31 AM »

I've seen this! I was using Norton 360 and its firewall module was forcing my wireless network to always disconnect.  It usually occurred 5 minutes after a reboot or wireless adapter reconnect (USB.)   Turned out my Norton 360 must have been "told" which wireless network SSID to trust.  I have since "abandoned" most Norton security products, due to an on-line support agent who "crashed" my XP set up.  After that crashed, I was forced to re-install the XP.

HellDuke

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 12:59:24 PM »

In this case my problem then would be: I never used any norton programs. All I have for security is the latest comodo firewall and avast! antivirus. A few anti-malware but that's it. No computer on my wireless network uses norton.

It is really annoying that I have to turn off and then on the router every time a computer goes into hibernate or sleep, otherwise I just get stuck on "Acquiring network address". Sometimes it helps to revoke the IP address, but I just battled the router for about half an hour until I was able to connect.

How come D-Link support is this bad? At least I now know one router I am going to suggest NOT buying.

Blessmac

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 01:12:19 AM »

As for me for protecting mac i prefer use ProteMac NetMine http://protemac.com/NetMine/
.It's firewall help protects my mac  from viruses attack.In my opinion that firewall the better
I'm currently using it.) ::)