• April 24, 2024, 12:53:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Multimedia Services  (Read 4555 times)

Anakha56

• Level 1 Member
Multimedia Services
« on: July 26, 2013, 05:15:06 AM »

Greetings All,

So I am trying to enable multimedia settings on my 320L A3 device and am having no luck. I enable UPnP Services and create my shares in the Multimedia Share Settings with the share to be open to everyone. Copy the file into those shares and refresh them which goes off without a hitch. When I go to my PS3 and browse to the DLink server ... nothing shows except for 3 folders Music, Pictures & Videos. Those are not the shares that I have created and I cannot find those folders anywhere on the drive to copy the video files into.

I have no idea what to try next because I have reloaded the latest firmware, formatted the drives and I still am unable to use the UPnP/Multimedia setting. So what have I missed? How do I fix this?

Firmware version is:
Current NAS Firmware Version    
Firmware Date    
03/29/2013

When I go to the sticky thread about a beta firmware to resolve multimedia issues there is no link so I am assuming that the latest one has the fix.  ???

priitv8

• Level 3 Member
Re: Multimedia Services
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 05:44:43 AM »

When I go to my PS3 and browse to the DLink server ... nothing shows except for 3 folders Music, Pictures & Videos. Those are not the shares that I have created and I cannot find those folders anywhere on the drive to copy the video files into.
That's the way UPnP UI looks when looked from the media rendererer side. The folders you use to share media from are defined in the MM Service settings.
The fact that the folders appear empty when browsing, seems more to be a problem with D-Link's UPnP media server.

Anakha56

• Level 1 Member
Re: Multimedia Services
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 05:50:56 AM »

Actually my folders dont show up at all even after shutdown/restarts. Will try to reflash the firmware (again) and see if that fixes it. Also the video file is 180mb in size so it can't be still building the database after 30 minutes... Can it?