• April 23, 2024, 07:24:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS 320L-A3 Torrents stall & die, any ideas to fix? And firmware wont update...  (Read 3716 times)

Anakha56

• Level 1 Member

Good Morning,

I recently bought this product and had a few issues getting the bittorrent downloader to work as it should. On a Google Search I tried to update the downloader to a 3rd party (forgot the name but its popular) one and it would never install correctly. So I reset the firmware and have been using it ever since with my torrents starting to download and then nothing. The downloads stop, hard drive enters sleep mode and its only when I either log in via the web interface or restart the dlink device that they start again. It was doing this prior to my trying to change the downloader. I have run a chkdsk on the drive and it has no errors as well as reformatting the drive and still the issue persists, does anyone know of this issue and possible workaround? I have also disabled the hard drive sleep mode with no apparent effect.

Second issue I have downloaded the firmware for my device, according to dlink taiwan it is    DLINK_DNS320L(LW).1.02b07(3.07.0329.2013)(BETA).zip and whenever I click firmware update, browse to the file and select it I get the warning screen update in progress but then it says update failed. How can I update the firmware? I am redownloading the file just in case I have a corrupt download but yeah out of ideas on this one.

Lastly besides doing a button combo to reset the firmware on the device is there any other method?

Many thanks for the help that you can provide :).

NixZero

• Level 2 Member

unpack the .zip and retry

Anakha56

• Level 1 Member

First thing I always do is unzip a file to see what is inside. :) Sadly the file after the zip is the one giving me the error :/.

Any other ideas? :) I will only be able to try anything when I get home much later on today.

borekon

• Level 1 Member
    • El Blog de Vivancos

Did you try it by wireless or by cable?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

First thing I always do is unzip a file to see what is inside. :) Sadly the file after the zip is the one giving me the error :/.

Any other ideas? :) I will only be able to try anything when I get home much later on today.

Download the firmware from here: mydlink.com/support (Select the Storage tab and navigate over to the DNS-320L)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC