• March 18, 2024, 11:16:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: DCS-5020L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 96538 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-5020L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2014, 10:55:05 AM »

Hi,

I recently bought this camera and had some problems with it.
I noticed that one problem is already on the wish list: the option to exclude the day/night transition from motion/sound detection.

I like to put two more items on the list:

1) Option to exclude overall brightness changes from motion detection. I find I get false positives when the light changes outside, say when the sun comes out, even if no direct sunlight is visible.

2) This might be covered by the request for a scheduled reboot option, but it seems that the camera can't re-establish wifi connection after a power failure.
My AcuRite pressure, temperature and humidity sensor does reconnect, perhaps it has a built in delay after power failure to let the router and cable modem get back up first?

Thanks

The reboot request is already listed. I doubt the brightness change can be accommodated. Motion detection operates by detecting pixel differences between adjacent frame captures. A person walking across a light source (e.g. window or lamp) within the field of view will invariably alter the pixel brightness and is a valid motion detection event. A person outside of the field of view that turns on/off a light can also be considered a valid event (e.g. burglar?). I would think that the algorithm needed to distinguish between general changes to ambient brightness versus an object moving in the field of view may add to much overhead to work in real-time.  :-\

I'll add the request nonetheless...  :-\
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 11:00:02 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2014, 10:58:16 AM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-5020L Wishlist

• Audio - Option to configure audio encoding to reduce bit rates and storage requirements
  • Email/FTP - Test button FTP log file to diagnose connectivity issues
  • Email/FTP - Option to set email interval for sound/motion detection
  • General - ONVIF support
  • General - Remove all Java dependencies from the web UI
  • General - RTSP support
  • General - Ping IP address button
  • HTTP/HTTPS - Ability to configure HTTPS port (as well as HTTP)
  • HTTP/HTTPS - Option to explicitly enable HTTP, HTTPS, or both protocols (three options)
  • Maintenance - Add a confirmation prompt when selecting Restore to Factory Default (FW v1.03 does not prompt)
  • Maintenance - Reboot on a schedule
  • Motion Detection - Ability to save a unique motion detection schedule for each day of the week
  • Motion Detection - Add logic to ignore general changes in ambient brightness resulting from passing clouds, etc
  • Motion Detection - Finer motion detection grid area (i.e. smaller grid boxes)
  • Motion Detection - Option to enable motion detection either: Always, Day Mode, Night Mode, or on a Schedule
  • Motion Detection - Option to specify a minimum delay between successive motion detection triggers
  • Motion Detection - Option to specify number of seconds before motion detection event is included in captured clip
  • Night Mode - Option to disable IR illuminators while leaving the camera in Night Mode (w/ IR filter) and using an external IR illuminator
  • Motion Detection - Option to exclude Day/Night mode transitions from triggering a motion detection event
  • Night Mode - User defined day/night mode transition threshold and sensitivity
  • Patrol - Option to configure series of preset positions and ability to automatically cycle through preset positions in sequence or randomly (see thread here)
  • Security - Add three for permission account types with web UI limitations for each: Admin (exists); Monitor (view live feed and point camera); View (view live feed, but not point the camera); and Snapshot (can only access CGI snapshot)
  • Security - Prevent repetitive Java security warnings by modifying the Caller-Allowable_Codebase Manifest in the the camera Java code
  • Wireless Repeater - Option to configure the camera as an access point

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD

softwareEngineer

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2015, 02:20:53 PM »

I doubt the brightness change can be accommodated. Motion detection operates by detecting pixel differences between adjacent frame captures. A person walking across a light source (e.g. window or lamp) within the field of view will invariably alter the pixel brightness and is a valid motion detection event. A person outside of the field of view that turns on/off a light can also be considered a valid event (e.g. burglar?). I would think that the algorithm needed to distinguish between general changes to ambient brightness versus an object moving in the field of view may add to much overhead to work in real-time.  :-\

I'll add the request nonetheless...  :-\

Thanks for putting the request on the list. A quick google search shows that researchers have been considering the issue of false positives in motion detection for quite a while, so perhaps something can be done even within the constraints of the camera's cpu.

I have another, much smaller, request. I noticed that it is not possible to indicate a time period that passes midnight when scheduling motion/sound detection e.g. a period with starting time 20:00 and ending time 05:00 is deemed invalid.

Thanks

mrmacadamia

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2015, 08:33:58 AM »

I hope to see reboot schedule included because I saw the camera will freeze or hang or disconnected.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2015, 05:15:49 AM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in green.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-5020L Wishlist

• Audio - Option to configure audio encoding to reduce bit rates and storage requirements
  • Email/FTP - Test button FTP log file to diagnose connectivity issues
  • Email/FTP - Option to set email interval for sound/motion detection
  • General - ONVIF support
  • General - Remove all Java dependencies from the web UI
  • General - RTSP support
  • General - Ping IP address button
  • HTTP/HTTPS - Ability to configure HTTPS port (as well as HTTP)
  • HTTP/HTTPS - Option to explicitly enable HTTP, HTTPS, or both protocols (three options)
  • Maintenance - Add a confirmation prompt when selecting Restore to Factory Default (FW v1.03 does not prompt)
  • Maintenance - Reboot on a schedule
  • Motion Detection - Ability to save a unique motion detection schedule for each day of the week
  • Motion Detection - Add logic to ignore general changes in ambient brightness resulting from passing clouds, etc
  • Motion Detection - Finer motion detection grid area (i.e. smaller grid boxes)
  • Motion Detection - Option to enable motion detection either: Always, Day Mode, Night Mode, or on a Schedule
  • Motion Detection - Option to specify a minimum delay between successive motion detection triggers
  • Motion Detection - Option to specify number of seconds before motion detection event is included in captured clip
  • Night Mode - Option to disable IR illuminators while leaving the camera in Night Mode (w/ IR filter) and using an external IR illuminator
  • Motion Detection - Option to exclude Day/Night mode transitions from triggering a motion detection event
  • Night Mode - User defined day/night mode transition threshold and sensitivity
  • Patrol - Option to configure series of preset positions and ability to automatically cycle through preset positions in sequence or randomly (see thread here)
  • Security - Add three for permission account types with web UI limitations for each: Admin (exists); Monitor (view live feed and point camera); View (view live feed, but not point the camera); and Snapshot (can only access CGI snapshot)
  • Security - Prevent repetitive Java security warnings by modifying the Caller-Allowable_Codebase Manifest in the the camera Java code
  • Wireless Repeater - Option to configure the camera as an access point

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD

rafdulaf

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2015, 02:37:57 AM »

When this IR lamps are switching ON/OFF there is a little noise.

The issue is that little noise is recognized as a "Sound detection".
Before the IR lamps change its state, "Sound detection" should be disabled for a few seconds.

Moreover changing IR lamps state make the image change so much, that it recognized as a "Motion detection".
Before the IR lamps change its state, "Motion detection" should be disabled for a few seconds.

When the weather is cloudy I can have 20 "false" detection mails a day

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2015, 08:10:09 AM »

Before the IR lamps change its state, "Sound detection" should be disabled for a few seconds.

Moreover changing IR lamps state make the image change so much, that it recognized as a "Motion detection".
Before the IR lamps change its state, "Motion detection" should be disabled for a few seconds.

This item is already listed and is systemic to all D-Link cameras with motion detection and Night Mode:

mhpdk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2015, 05:17:24 AM »

How come, there is no function to allow Override function, if i record clips to ftp servers ?

maybean option to set it to allow 10 GB and then overwrite data ?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2015, 08:33:17 AM »

These are known issues.  :-\

shearer

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2015, 10:02:51 AM »

how about a opyion to record video to ftp. with a Overwrite function, so the folder doesent take up all ftp space.  maybe overwrite if size is over 8 gb ?

funghan

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2016, 10:11:29 PM »

Security: Would be really helpful for an ability to install a custom root and SSL certificate.

also, if optionally there is a CLI option available for such actions, it would be really useful :)

BAMoh

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2017, 12:45:54 AM »

Please add ability to not broadcast SSID when using the extender feature.
"That's laughable...."  Impress me. Need COMPETENT help.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2017, 01:53:13 PM »

Extender mode needs the SSID name broadcast so wireless clients can connect to it when using this mode.  ::)

Please add ability to not broadcast SSID when using the extender feature.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

BAMoh

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2017, 09:37:48 PM »

BTW tha't is inaccurate information. WRONG. Can type that information in manually. I have yet to see any device or software which does not permit the SSID to be typed in manually. This includes DLINK cams,
"That's laughable...."  Impress me. Need COMPETENT help.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2017, 09:49:12 PM »

I presume D-Link chooses to not hide SSIDs as in most cases, hiding SSIDs can be found anyways. Not a feature probably really need on cameras.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6