• March 29, 2024, 01:20:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Android viewer (w/ sound) for DCS-930L?  (Read 8791 times)

jdubin

• Level 1 Member
Android viewer (w/ sound) for DCS-930L?
« on: December 07, 2010, 04:25:23 PM »

I'm wondering if anyone has tips on an Android-based viewer for the DCS-930L.  I've tried Tiny DVR, but I don't get sound.  I've also tried IP Cam Viewer, but that doesn't seem to support this model.  Are there any other apps out there which would work well with this camera?  The box prominently displays iPhone support, but no mention of Android yet -- I'm hoping that's in the works!

Thanks!

btm

• Level 1 Member
Re: Android viewer (w/ sound) for DCS-930L?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 06:58:53 AM »

Looks like D-Link just launched thier own Android app!  Placed my order on Amazon last night and installed the app...looking forward to getting this setup!

jdubin

• Level 1 Member
Re: Android viewer (w/ sound) for DCS-930L?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 03:13:12 PM »

Thanks for the info! 

Unfortunately, it's not a good solution for me at this time.  First, you need a mydlink.com account.  After 1hr+ of playing with mydlink.com, talking to tech support, etc., I was only able to get video when the device is setup to use UPnP.  I might be able to live with that (and some other port forwarding/redirecting so I can directly access the camera externally), but in the end, video wasn't all that great, and more importantly, there was NO AUDIO!  Urgh!

So, D-Link, please consider adding audio support, and also rethink requiring UPnP support for mydlink -- give me the option on mydlink.com to specify the address and port my camera is using.  Thanks.

Jeff
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 04:25:11 PM by jdubin »