• April 23, 2024, 03:58:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to change from one router to anoter router.  (Read 12409 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: How to change from one router to anoter router.
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 05:55:33 AM »

Thanks, that worked! I got connection to the R90 router wired. Then I changed to static with settings for the R90 router, removed the wire, turned of the power to the camera and re powered the camera. A little tricky, but I don't have to do the operation so often. In wintertime I use the camera at home with the Netgear router, and at summertime  with the R90 router in my leisure boat http://trudelutt.com.

Lars H. :)
http://trudelutt.com/webcam

I recommend reserving the IP address through your two routers rather than using a static IP address. Letting the router manage the IP address would have made transitioning between the two routers that much more easier and will avoid the same issue if a third router comes into play.

I'm glad everything worked out in the end.  :)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 05:42:54 AM »

Thanks, that worked! . . .

Lars H. :)

I drafted an Network Camera FAQ entry based on my troubleshooting session with you. Hopefully this will provide value to other Cloud camera owners: DCS Network Cameras - Wirelessly Connect a Network Camera and Router Using WPS

Lars H.

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 10:05:21 AM »

I recommend reserving the IP address through your two routers rather than using a static IP address. Letting the router manage the IP address would have made transitioning between the two routers that much more easier . . .

That sounds great, but I can't find anything about reserving local IP addresses in the manual of the R90 router. The Netgear router that I use at home, have that option and I have reserved a lot of LAN IP addresses there, laptops, a D-Link NAS-box and the D-Link camera.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2014, 10:26:23 AM »

That sounds great, but I can't find anything about reserving local IP addresses in the manual of the R90 router. The Netgear router that I use at home, have that option and I have reserved a lot of LAN IP addresses there, laptops, a D-Link NAS-box and the D-Link camera.

I re-read the manual you provided, and you seem to be right. I'm rather surprised that this functionality is missing.

Lars H.

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2014, 10:33:56 AM »

I'm surprised to. The Netgear router looks to me to be a lot more advanced unit. But unfortunately, the R90 router is the only available when using the 450MHz mobile network of http://ice.no.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2014, 10:44:20 AM »

I'm surprised to. The Netgear router looks to me to be a lot more advanced unit. But unfortunately, the R90 router is the only available when using the 450MHz mobile network of http://ice.no.

I suppose in a niche market such as this, there's no heavy competition driving advanced functionality.

ReverendTed

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2014, 04:18:24 PM »

I suppose in a niche market such as this, there's no heavy competition driving advanced functionality.
That is very strange for the feature to be missing.  It's not really even what I'd consider "advanced functionality" - Port Forwarding and DynDNS settings are there.  Weird, indeed!
Pages: 1 [2]