• March 28, 2024, 07:21:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: New Router No Cameras !  (Read 10637 times)

jimfromdorch

• Level 1 Member
New Router No Cameras !
« on: February 19, 2012, 04:28:22 PM »

Just replaced my SMC Gateway with a Cisco Home Networking Modem, router doesn't see DCS 930 cameras.  Working perfect before.  I start the wizard, I plug in camera power, plug in ethernet cable for setup, light is green as requested, searches for camera,  comes up "No Cameras found".  Called ISP provider to reset modem, still no go.  Tried a wireless setup using the "buttons", no go. Reset cameras.......    Any ideas??.  Anybody else using the Cisco Home networking router??   

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: New Router No Cameras !
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 07:31:37 PM »

When you say that your router doesn't see the DCS-930L, did you log into the router web interface and look at the table listing all conntected devices with their respective IP addresses?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

jimfromdorch

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 09:20:53 PM »

Got it figured out, logged into router, didn't see what you ask, didn't see the tab or don't know how to find it, thanks though.
What I finally wrapped my head around and will put in here to maybe help others.
When my new router was set up the name of the network was changed to avoid confusion with old router. Since that was done the cameras wireless settings were looking for old network, old channel etc etc.  I eventually reset cameras to factory default, connected through an ethernet connection, surveyed the network, changed the wireless settings and we are good now.  My head still hurts........  Thanks for your reply.   I have seen the request before but don't know how to log into the router web interface and look at the table listing all conntected devices with their respective IP addresses?   Can you explain how to do that?  I can see the router at 192.168.etc etc etc but have not run across the table listing.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 05:55:57 AM »

The web interface for each router is a bit different. What brand router do you use?

Got it figured out, logged into router, didn't see what you ask, didn't see the tab or don't know how to find it, thanks though.
What I finally wrapped my head around and will put in here to maybe help others.
When my new router was set up the name of the network was changed to avoid confusion with old router. Since that was done the cameras wireless settings were looking for old network, old channel etc etc.  I eventually reset cameras to factory default, connected through an ethernet connection, surveyed the network, changed the wireless settings and we are good now.  My head still hurts........  Thanks for your reply.   I have seen the request before but don't know how to log into the router web interface and look at the table listing all conntected devices with their respective IP addresses?   Can you explain how to do that?  I can see the router at 192.168.etc etc etc but have not run across the table listing.

jimfromdorch

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 07:31:47 AM »

It's a Cisco model # DPC 3825,   if it's a lot of work don't go out of your way, hopefully I won't need to do such a thing again..... for a while anyway   :-)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 08:01:50 AM »

It's a Cisco model # DPC 3825,   if it's a lot of work don't go out of your way, hopefully I won't need to do such a thing again..... for a while anyway   :-)

I pulled this from the 3825 manual:

Connected Devices Summary page
Click Connected Devices Summary in the Lan Setup page. The Connected Devices Summary page opens. This page is a pop-up window that displays the MAC Address and IP Address of the devices that are connected to the residential gateway.

jimfromdorch

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 08:19:35 AM »

Thanks !   I will take a look.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 08:23:05 AM »

You should make a habit of periodically reviewing the aforementioned table. This table will let you see if there are any unauthorized devices accessing your network.