• April 17, 2024, 06:20:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Router blocking connectivity between Apple TV and Mac computer on the same LAN  (Read 4360 times)

electronker

• Level 1 Member

Hello - I just replaced a previous router with the Dlink model.  With the old router, the Apple TV and the host Mac could see each fine.  With the Dlink router, iTunes on the host Mac cannot see the Apple TV.  Both the Apple TV and the Mac are connected to the Dlink router (one is wireless, one is wired).  I can't see any reason why the router would want to block ports between devices on the LAN, but it seems that the ports required by Apple TV are being blocked.  Is that possible, and if so how can I address it?

My Dlink model is DVA-G3810BN.  I realize that this forum does not focus on this model, but it was the closest option. 

Is it possible to confugire this router in client mode (the router acts as a wireless NIC for a computer that is connected to it via ethernet).  In this configuration, this router would be a client attached to another master wireless router.

Thank you