• April 16, 2024, 01:18:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNR-202L - Used Space Increasing but Motion Detection Only Setup  (Read 5900 times)

gramzee

• Level 1 Member
DNR-202L - Used Space Increasing but Motion Detection Only Setup
« on: November 04, 2014, 07:28:36 PM »

So I have this weird problem with my DNR-202L.  The used HDD space continues to increase, even though I have the settings configured for motion detection only.  The status of the device shows both of my cameras are connected, on standby and oddly the frame rate is 15 ..... note below that my settings on both the DNR and the DCS are 30..... so a secondary weird gotcha.

Cameras - 2 x DCS-933L w/FW 1.05
Motion detection ENABLED on both, Time is ALWAYS (vs scheduled, these are the only two options in the web admin).
Encode Type is H.264, RES 640x480 and frame rates are set to 30.

NVR - DNR-202L w/FW 1.02
Encode Type is H.264, RES 640x480 and frame rates are set to 30, Constant Bit Rate 2M, Audio enabled.
Event Settings - CH1, 2 Motion Only, Event Record, 5 seconds before and 30 seconds after.
Recording Schedule - disabled as per instructions on D-Link support page here http://support.dlink.ca/FAQView.aspx?f=D%2fKO21LkszZoJTkvJyryBA%3d%3d

Step 3: Configure the Event

- Specify Motion for the camera you want to record (in this example, we are recording the DCS-5010L- Which is on Channel 2)

- Check Event Record and specify the pre-event record time (before the motion occurred) and the post event record time (after the motion has occurred)

Step 4: Specify the recording schedule for the DNR-202L. If you want the DNR-202L to always record your cameras (not just on motion), specify your desired schedule.

If you want to ONLY record based on motion, Uncheck Enable Recording Schedule

Now I will admit, it seems odd that in the DNR it is called EVENT where you decide to only record on motion, and you can UNCHECK the Enable Recording Schedule.  However in the DCS it's called Motion Detection, you click Enabled, and below that is a TIME box (similar to Schedule on the DNR).  You either select ALWAYS or define a schedule.  The box looks very similar to what is in the DNR.

So my question is, why is the hard drive used space increasing?  Am I missing a setting somewhere?  Is this a bug in the FW on one or both devices?  And if my cams are set to 30 FPS, and the DNR is being told to expect 30 FPS, why does the DNR status show 15FPS?

Tried to be as articulate as possible, apologies if I wasn't.  If you have any questions about other settings please ask.

bud78

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNR-202L - Used Space Increasing but Motion Detection Only Setup
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 05:54:13 AM »

I have the same problem.  I have had 2 DNR-202L's for a month and I can't seem to make them record on motion only.  I have checked and unchecked all of the settings you talked about many times, but I am still getting continuous recording.  The setup page is very simple, but I don't think it works...

veldu

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 11:05:22 PM »

I would love to have an answer too... I am considering now to move to Synology Surveillance Station except it does not record sound but at least it does record only during motion detection.

ReverendTed

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 03:13:02 PM »

One thing that may influence framerate at the NVR is bandwidth.  I can't say if that's the reason your 30fps 933Ls are showing 15 at the DNR-202L, but it's worth looking into.  One way to check would be to see if you can connect one of the 933Ls with an ethernet cable and see if the framerate increases.