• March 28, 2024, 10:57:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: loses connection, shut down itself  (Read 2957 times)

elpa02

• Level 1 Member
loses connection, shut down itself
« on: November 07, 2021, 09:07:12 AM »

hello everyone,
(english is not my native lang but i'll try my best)

i have a dns 325 for many years now but its active hrs should be very few since it is not stays on 24-7. Recently it came up with 2 issues. I switch it on but i cannot see it on the network of the file explorer (Win 10 pro 21H1) and the Z: Network drive created yrs ago doesn't work. Although everytime i can see it via web interface sometimes while it is not appeared on the file explorer's network, the Z: Network drive works. More or less same thing with my android tv. kodi suddenly lost it.
trying to figure out what might be wrong i read on some threads that it is a win 10 issue regarding SMB 1. I turned SMB1 on,  it didn't help.
The other issue is that it's shutdown on its own every time after some time (approx 1 hr), even if it is one of the very few good times that it works as a network drive. it runs the latest firmware

I assume that all i tried to describe might sounds a bit weird but that is my case. Do i have to replace it?