• April 25, 2024, 06:39:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Bit torrent features request  (Read 2535 times)

wfeltmate

• Level 1 Member
Bit torrent features request
« on: July 22, 2010, 05:26:46 PM »

I love the fact that this NAS device has a bit torrent client, but I find it is limited in features. Here is a short list of features I would love to see added to the client.

a) Ability to seed from from custom folders, with the ability to select a custom folder for each torrent. This is the feature I would love to have the most. Once I have completed a download I sort the downloads in to different folders, but to maintain my ratio I would like to be able to seed from the new location.

b) The ability to see the progress of each individual file of a torrent. This doesn't add much in the way of ability for the user, but when combined with the next request, it allows for better download scheduling

c) The ability to prioritize various files in a torrent over the others

d) The ability to limit the number of torrents being downloaded at the same time, and to organize the list of downloads in the order the user wishes them to be downloaded in.

Or... to make all this a little more simple, you could instead allow use a way to officially install transmission on to the DNS-323 haha

ddalley

• Level 1 Member
Re: Bit torrent features request
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 05:45:14 PM »

Request a bittorrent fix:

When powering up the 323, it seems to be inconsistent or just forgetful, about how torrents were set before being powered down.

If I "stop" a torrent, I don't expect it to restart until I restart it myself.
I certainly don't expect the torrent system to decide for me.

Please fix this!