• April 24, 2024, 05:40:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can't connect to Wireless-N network?  (Read 8527 times)

theboyk

• Level 2 Member
Can't connect to Wireless-N network?
« on: February 28, 2012, 07:43:10 AM »

Hello.

My DCS-932L doesn't see wireless-N networks? I'm running my (dedicated) wireless-N network via a D-Link DIR-825 and no other devices have an issue seeing the wireless-N network. In fact, I've tried enabling wireless-N on other routers I have, and again, all other devices I've tested with can see these test N-based networks, but the DCS-932L — it only sees B/G-based wireless networks.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Regards,
Kristin.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Can't connect to Wireless-N network?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 08:58:35 AM »

Hello.

My DCS-932L doesn't see wireless-N networks? I'm running my (dedicated) wireless-N network via a D-Link DIR-825 and no other devices have an issue seeing the wireless-N network. In fact, I've tried enabling wireless-N on other routers I have, and again, all other devices I've tested with can see these test N-based networks, but the DCS-932L — it only sees B/G-based wireless networks.

Does anyone else have this problem?

The DCS-932L should not have any issues seeing the wireless N network.  Have you tried using WPS on the router to handshake with the DCS-932L? The router should pull the DCS-932L onto the device table.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

theboyk

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 09:24:34 AM »

Yea, weird. It doesn't see ANY wireless-N networks, only B/G. I haven't tried WPS on the router. Never used it, I've always configured, etc. manually. I guess I could give WPS a try, but since it doesn't even see the router, not sure if it'll work. But, will try tonight...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 12:54:14 PM »

Yea, weird. It doesn't see ANY wireless-N networks, only B/G. I haven't tried WPS on the router. Never used it, I've always configured, etc. manually. I guess I could give WPS a try, but since it doesn't even see the router, not sure if it'll work. But, will try tonight...

I own a D-Link router similar to the DIR-827 and WPS should work despite whether or not the DCS-932L sees the router. (And the prior poster is correct about enabling SSID broadcasting)

Please try the following procedure:

• SETUP > WIRELESS SETTINGS > Add Wireless Device with WPS
  • Auto [Next]
  • PBC [Connect]
  • Within 120 seconds, press and hold the WPS button on the rear of the DCS-932L for > 8 seconds
  • Validate that the DCS-932L is in the DIR device table: STATUS > DEVICE INFO > WIRELESS LAN
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 02:16:29 PM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC