• April 16, 2024, 01:57:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Power continuously keeps getting reset in DES-1008V.  (Read 5381 times)

yourdreamz

• Level 1 Member
Power continuously keeps getting reset in DES-1008V.
« on: July 28, 2009, 07:16:03 AM »

Hi, My device is actually DES-1008V. Posted here because couldn't find relevent board for this device.

Anyway, after connecting the power cord and switching the supply on the Power LED glows and blinks once in a while. All the LEDs of 8 ports blinks as soon as power LED comes back. Generally power LED is ON but goes off momentarily , and that happens very frequent, continuous and random. I tried changing Power cord, Plug point with no avail. Once after a long time of keeping it unplugged, when I started it worked for few minutes without any issue, but after that back to the same problem. It would be great if someone can throw some light about what could be the problem and what could be done about it.

Thanks and regards.

P.S. If I don't connect any of the cable to any of the 8 ports, the power LED seems to glow alright. But as soon as I connect the any one of the cable to any of the 8 port, the same problem happens. Please help.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 07:37:04 AM by yourdreamz »

Fatman

• Poweruser
  • Level 9 Member
Re: Power continuously keeps getting reset in DES-1008V.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 08:22:58 AM »

Sounds like this product is dead, dying, or just has power issues.  If it functions keep it, if it does not then toss the device.
non progredi est regredi

yourdreamz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 11:16:59 AM »

hmm... I was able to open it an found two capacitor burst in SMPS circuit. Would try changing them tomorrow and will see if it works. :)

yourdreamz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 10:34:07 PM »

Cool. It did work like a charm after replacing those caps.

Anyway Thanks Fatman.