• April 17, 2024, 08:13:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Unable to view video  (Read 6359 times)

Null01

• Level 1 Member
Unable to view video
« on: July 15, 2012, 10:01:53 AM »

My camera saves video as .avi files, but when I open them in Media Player, all I get is sound. The camera works fine, as I can view live video, but the saved files show nothing, just have sound. Anyone got a resolution for this?

Doctor Doom

• Level 3 Member
Re: Unable to view video
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 11:26:53 AM »

What is the file size? If the file size looks resonable it could be a codec issue. Try the avi on another PC or try with a different video player like VLC.

Allen

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 10:25:09 PM »

You can try to use KMPlayer to play back the recording file.

Null01

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 05:09:34 AM »

Thanks for the replies - I too suspect it is a codec issue, but I don't know which one to download! You would think Media Player would have it for an .avi file, or D-Link would have it available to download since it's their product.

Anyway, I discovered that they will play in Windows Media Center; you'd think that if Media Center had the right codec, then Media Player would too, wouldn't you????

The folks that disagree with D-Link's claim that this equipment is for non-IT people are correct - the claim is at best misleading, at worst untrue.

brian5

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 01:14:55 PM »

.avi files can be can compressed in several different formats or not at all.... not all .avi files are really the same.
Some versions of Microsoft's media player do not support mpeg4 or xvid codecs without adding them yourself(from what I'm told).
VLC is an excellent video player alternative, I've used it for years.
I don't know if D-Link would be allowed to supply codecs, but really... current players should work fine with these newer compressions.