• April 25, 2024, 08:52:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Motion trigger for email and SD record stop working after reboot  (Read 2515 times)

Hello From Mars

• Level 1 Member

Hoping forum can help. Received DCS-5222L camera with old firmware (v1.01, hardware version is A1). I upgraded to 1.2 when prompted by MyDlink website. Initial setup fine. Everything seemed to work. I enter device as admin and go through motion setup wizard on the setup screen and include email notification for snap shot and video motion detection, enable motion and PIR and draw frame area, and enable SD record on motion. Save setting, all works fine. I can go to live view wave hand it indicates motion and recording; and emails show-up. I go to SD management and see saved files - all is OK.

I then reboot the camera and the on motion emails stop being sent and record to SD stops recording. Seemingly no amount of fiddle with settings restores this functionality.

I have been through this starting from factory reset several times. Same result.

Seems motion event trigger goes dead after reboot; stops triggering emails and recording video to SD.

Can anyone help?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Motion trigger for email and SD record stop working after reboot
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 10:51:27 AM »

The current DCS-5222L firmware is v1.12. You mentioned you're using v1.2 (did you mean 1.12)?  ???
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Hello From Mars

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 01:05:04 PM »

Yes, my apology v1.12. I have a second DCS-5222L with v1.01 firward (I have not upgraded yet). One point of difference I see is that with v1.01 when you go to SD Management and SD record is enabled the text box indicates SD recording is enabled. This message doe not appear in 1.12.

Unless some sort of work around, I think it is firmware bug as I have compared setting between v1.12 and v1.01 and though some variances setting seems comparable and v1.01 seems to work OK.

Hello From Mars

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 01:06:41 PM »

Is firmware v1.11 still available?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 01:14:34 PM »

Yes. You can download legacy firmware from the D-Link Taiwan site. The URL to the D-Link Taiwan site is located in the following post: Network Cameras - Important Posts & Information
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC