• March 28, 2024, 10:31:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Album Art still  (Read 3258 times)

Topcat

• Level 1 Member
Album Art still
« on: January 01, 2008, 02:10:39 PM »

Hi
   let me open by saying this unit has fulfilled a desire , I have had for sometime.. Thank you for a great new product ....

I am running version 1.09 , it is an improvement over the version that came with my unit 1.07 I believe.. I like the resume on restart of a movie , I also like the new format for music .. The album art however does not seem to work , my pictures are embedded in the tag as advised , some using Media Monkey and some with Media Center 12 .
Media Monkey saved the JPGs 500 X 500 pixels and Media Center 12 saved in a slightly mixed size length and height not always square by a few pixels , but very close to 500 X 500 .. I tried converting the JPEGs to 24 bit BMPs and making their size 200 X 200 pixels , as posted but still no picture on the TV screen . My Media Player programs do show the Album Art as expected.. If you have any suggestions I would be glad to try them ..

I would like to know what D-Links plans are for the Media Lounge interface , can we expect regular improvements and upgrades or is the project near completion..
     I also wish to know is it possible to transfer on UPNP data line , the operating screen from say Media Center 12 , if so are there any plans to make this kind of transfer possible .. How about just giving the DSM-520 the ability to operate any program on the host computer .. I would very interested in D-Links thoughts and Plans along these lines..

« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 02:12:54 PM by Topcat »

Stosh

Re: Album Art still
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 10:57:03 AM »

I was unable to get album art working also. I gave up on the DLink Server, and went to Windows Media Player, and it seems to work great, I see them on the DSM-520 now.

Topcat

• Level 1 Member
Re: Album Art still
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 04:17:27 PM »

Thanks Stosh, for the advice , I will try it for the time being .