• April 19, 2024, 11:23:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Extremely problematic DCS-5222L-revA  (Read 4844 times)

unimorpheus

• Level 1 Member
Extremely problematic DCS-5222L-revA
« on: October 04, 2014, 10:24:04 AM »

I have had a DCS-5222L-revA online for roughly 6 months with nothing but problems. The camera was set up to monitor my unoccupied apartment while I am deployed to Afghanistan. The camera setup was straight forward and for a while it worked O.K. as I have been able to access it from half way around the world. I say O.K. because the camera motion detect would false trigger 50+ times a day every day. Upgraded to the latest firmware a few months back and that greatly reduced "most" of the false trigger action. Then I began to notice a marked degradation in the video quality for no apparent reason. The camera is set to record 6 minutes of video on motion detection and this used to work fine until the video problems popped up. No the camera wont record more than a minute of video. I have a 64Gb SD card in the camera that I have to periodically cleanup due to hundreds of random false motion trigger videos. While performing a massive cleanup two days ago where I found I had less than 1Mb of space left on a 64Gb card the camera stopped responding. I have seen the camera stop like this when it gets into one of its false motion trigger events. For two days I could access the video stream but not the web interface. Then I got a notification on my tablet stating the camera cannot write to the SD card. I suspect the card is totally full again. I am now able to access the web interface but it is extremely slow to respond and many of my menus are missing from the setup page. It no longer reports the firmware version, DynDNS is no longer configured and will not accept the DynDNS setup information, the SD management option it totally missing and I am finding most setting have been totally cleared. It almost appears the camera performed a firmware update with disastrous results. Absolutely the worst product I have ever encountered. Any suggestions?

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: Extremely problematic DCS-5222L-revA
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 07:17:40 AM »

When did 64GB card become supported?  Max is 32gb.

Which motion detection are you using? Image or pir?
I found pir to work best. Only detects when I enter or exit and move the camera around.

freeman74

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 08:27:00 AM »

I found pir to work best. Only detects when I enter or exit and move the camera around.

mmmh... also when the IR CUT filter change the status (on/off). MAH! ???

unimorpheus

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 12:07:42 PM »

I don't know when the support was added but the camera has always recognized the 64Gb card. I am using motion as the area I am monitoring has an east facing balcony that triggers the PIR constantly.

unimorpheus

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 12:15:35 PM »

Upon furthur investigation I have found that the web interface is totally disconnected from the camera controller. The web interface is totally devoid of any configuration data. The camera appears to be totally unconfigured  when looking at the web interface but the settings must still be present. If I look at the time-and-date setting is appears to be unconfigured but the status page shows current time and date. The static IP appears to be unconfigured in the menu settings but again the status page shows the correct static IP. Of course if it were not set I would not be able to access the web interface. I have tried rebooting, updating firmware and resetting to factory default and each of these options when selected fail. Camera is totally non functional and will likely remain that way until I get back to the states. This will certainly be my last dlink product.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 12:38:22 PM »

I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.

Upon furthur investigation I have found that the web interface is totally disconnected from the camera controller. The web interface is totally devoid of any configuration data. The camera appears to be totally unconfigured  when looking at the web interface but the settings must still be present. If I look at the time-and-date setting is appears to be unconfigured but the status page shows current time and date. The static IP appears to be unconfigured in the menu settings but again the status page shows the correct static IP. Of course if it were not set I would not be able to access the web interface. I have tried rebooting, updating firmware and resetting to factory default and each of these options when selected fail. Camera is totally non functional and will likely remain that way until I get back to the states. This will certainly be my last dlink product.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 06:27:39 AM »

Try a different Web browser and computer and reboot the camera.