• March 28, 2024, 03:12:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Help! DCS-932L Wireless Connection  (Read 20839 times)

Mos20

• Level 1 Member
Help! DCS-932L Wireless Connection
« on: August 12, 2011, 07:24:52 PM »

Can anyone help? The camera works fine when it's connected to the router but will not go wireless. I always get "There was a problem saving your settings. Click next to try again. I have tried not using the wizard and entering all the info in through the maintenance area. I have tried re-setting the camera. I know I'm putting in the correct network password. What should I do? Please help. I have two other wireless cameras (other brands) connected to my network and I've never had a problem until now. 

Thanks for any help.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Help! DCS-932L Wireless Connection
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 08:42:45 PM »

The first thing you should do is reset the DCS-932L to the factory defaults by holding a paperclip in the rear pinhole of the camera for 8 seconds and try walking through the wizard configuration again.

If that doesn't work you should strongly consider upgrading the firmware. You can download the latest firmware here: Taiwan: http://tsd.dlink.com.tw/. Once downloaded to your PC use the DCS-932L web interface to upload the firmware to the camera, then walk through the web-interface.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Mos20

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 03:05:03 AM »

Thanks. I did all of the that and it still doesn't work. Got any other suggestions? The D-Link email support is useless. I sent them the same question and all they gave me were basically generic written out instructions of how to get through the setup wizard.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 04:03:31 AM »

Call the D-Link phone support. The wait on the phone will not be long as long as you are in warranty. D-Link will walk you through the process. If D-Link is unable to resolve the issue you will most likely be issued an RMA for a new camera.

Mos20

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 04:36:18 AM »

Ok thank you. 

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 04:46:09 AM »

No problem. . . Let us know what happens.

Mos20

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 08:20:55 PM »

Finally got it to work myself after fiddling with it again.  I reset it again for about the 3rd time. Then I updated the firmware but actually to an older version.  (DCS-932L A1 FW v 1.00 (for ww). Then I did the set up through the web interface first but when I clicked save settings, it wasn't giving me any indication that it worked. So I then tried the set up wizard again, and that worked.

Mos20

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 03:25:24 AM »

Now my problem is when I install the D-ViewCam it tells me the files are damaged or corrupted. I'm starting to hate D-Link.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 04:46:21 AM »

Now my problem is when I install the D-ViewCam it tells me the files are damaged or corrupted. I'm starting to hate D-Link.

If it's any consolation, there is a newer version of D-ViewCam available here: ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Multimedia/D-View%20Cam/

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 04:51:11 AM »

Finally got it to work myself after fiddling with it again.  I reset it again for about the 3rd time. Then I updated the firmware but actually to an older version.  (DCS-932L A1 FW v 1.00 (for ww). Then I did the set up through the web interface first but when I clicked save settings, it wasn't giving me any indication that it worked. So I then tried the set up wizard again, and that worked.

Is the DCS-932L setup wireless? One recurring issue I had with the older firmware was that when the DCS-932L was setup for wireless and the camera is physically unplugged/plugged, the camera looses wireless connectivity and I had to reconfigure the unit from scratch to restore.

Mos20

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 06:33:06 AM »

Yes, it's working wireless for now. I've unplugged a couple of times to move it and it's still connecting so far.. we'll see.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 06:52:15 AM »

Yes, it's working wireless for now. I've unplugged a couple of times to move it and it's still connecting so far.. we'll see.

The dropped connection between unplugging was my most significant issue. Each time that happened, I had to re-register with mydlink. Ultimately, I fixed the issue with a new DCS-932L and upgraded firmware. I've been trouble free for two weeks and counting.

Mackerel

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 03:16:17 PM »

The dropped connection between unplugging was my most significant issue. Each time that happened, I had to re-register with mydlink. Ultimately, I fixed the issue with a new DCS-932L and upgraded firmware. I've been trouble free for two weeks and counting.

It seems you are not the only one with this issue. These 932s seem a little finicky. Sound is not too good, connectivity teeters on the brink, that is why I leave my 920s in there and forego on the HW upgrades for a little more time...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 03:59:12 PM »

It seems you are not the only one with this issue. These 932s seem a little finicky. Sound is not too good, connectivity teeters on the brink, that is why I leave my 920s in there and forego on the HW upgrades for a little more time...

Had I known that the hardware/firmware was not fully stable I would have held off until things settled down. On the bright side, solving these challenges is the best way to learn.