• March 28, 2024, 07:27:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: DCS-930L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 406508 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-930L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2013, 11:08:23 AM »

Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule
Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule

Still can't believe this hasn't been implemented.  :(

Hats off to you for your continued work on this!  :)

You've asked for it and D-Link has delivered. Firmware v1.09b02 is now out and includes motion detection on a schedule.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 11:21:02 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2014, 06:37:10 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-930L Wishlist

• General - Ability to save a user defined default value (ActiveX or Java) for LIVE VIDEO > Camera > FUNCTION
  • General - Add control for user language
  • General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled, ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Daylight savings time support
  • General - Disable telnet and enable SSH for command line access
  • General - Exposure setting dropdown menu with stepwise 0.5 EV unit increments from 02.5 to +2.5 EV
  • General - Include more segmentation for the FTP file name date/time suffix: e.g. change "DCS-930L_2011090114562601.jpg" to "DCS-930L_20110901_14562601.jpg" or "DCS-930L_2011.0901.1456.2601.jpg"
  • General - Option to include date and time stamps on captured images
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • General - Time Zone configuration does not function properly. When timezone is changed, the device gets confused and fails to sync the correct time
  • FTP - Ability to maintain an FTP'd image history for a user defined period (e.g. 24 hours) whereby older images are automatically deleted, ensuring no more than a fixed number of images are maintained on the destination server at any given time
  • FTP - FTPS support
  • FTP - Maintain open FTP session until all images from the motion detection event are pushed to the server (rather than open/close, open/close, open/close, etc)
  • FTP - Option to set a user-defined duration for images to push to an FTP location following a motion detection event (e.g. 3 minutes)
  • FTP - Test failure messages should display the cause of failure (e.g."server not found", "unknown username", "bad password");  the current messaging "Failed" provides little diagnostic value
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following refresh (currently requires iterating through multiple pages)
  • Image - Add ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees (in addition to "Flip Image")
  • Motion Detection - Include a text string in the email notifications indicating the motion detection grid area(s) breached during a motion detection event
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - Option to FTP images immediately before and after a motion detection event (similar to the current email option)
  • mydlink - mydlink registration independent of device configuration wizard
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Hide pre-shared key (i.e. do not display as plain text)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner
  • Bug - Address the ClassNotFoundException error associated with motion detection and Java (without the need for end users to employ a workaround fix)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• General - User password length too short
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails and FTP posts (independent of FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection FTP posts and emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes) [FIXED!]
  • Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking [FIXED!]
  • General - Admin password length too short [FIXED!]
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message) [FIXED!]

acellier

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2014, 10:11:49 AM »

FTP upon motion detection needs to have positive selection and control of frame rate regardless of distance to the receiving server

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #123 on: January 14, 2014, 05:06:24 AM »

FTP upon motion detection needs to have positive selection and control of frame rate regardless of distance to the receiving server

Would you please elaborate on this request?

acellier

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2014, 04:18:12 PM »

Would you please elaborate on this request?

WOW, I finally had time to check out the (motion detection triggered) ftp frame rate (/interval) controls in the 1.09 firmware.
The controls now work!
I tried setting for 1,2, or 3 fps; or 2 second intervals - all work at long last.
This is with a remote (across the continent) ftp server.

Also. we have not experienced a "zero-byte" file since installing the new firmware 3 weeks ago.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 04:20:48 PM by acellier »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2014, 11:21:26 AM »

If you find any new features or bug fixes in the latest DCS-930L firmware v1.09b02 release that address any of the outstanding items on this wishlist, please post your findings so we can update the list!  ;)

nullit

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2014, 08:45:30 AM »

URGENT : Update firmware to comply with Java 7u51 (Jan. 2014) !!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2014, 09:08:05 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-930L Wishlist

• General - Ability to save a user defined default value (ActiveX or Java) for LIVE VIDEO > Camera > FUNCTION
  • General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled, ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Exposure setting dropdown menu with stepwise 0.5 EV unit increments from 02.5 to +2.5 EV
  • General - Include more segmentation for the FTP file name date/time suffix: e.g. change "DCS-930L_2011090114562601.jpg" to "DCS-930L_20110901_14562601.jpg" or "DCS-930L_2011.0901.1456.2601.jpg"
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • General - Time Zone configuration does not function properly. When timezone is changed, the device gets confused and fails to sync the correct time
  • FTP - Ability to maintain an FTP'd image history for a user defined period (e.g. 24 hours) whereby older images are automatically deleted, ensuring no more than a fixed number of images are maintained on the destination server at any given time
  • FTP - FTPS support
  • FTP - Maintain open FTP session until all images from the motion detection event are pushed to the server (rather than open/close, open/close, open/close, etc)
  • FTP - Option to set a user-defined duration for images to push to an FTP location following a motion detection event (e.g. 3 minutes)
  • FTP - Test failure messages should display the cause of failure (e.g."server not found", "unknown username", "bad password");  the current messaging "Failed" provides little diagnostic value
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following refresh (currently requires iterating through multiple pages)
  • Image - Add ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees (in addition to "Flip Image")
  • Motion Detection - Include a text string in the email notifications indicating the motion detection grid area(s) breached during a motion detection event
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - Option to FTP images immediately before and after a motion detection event (similar to the current email option)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner
  • Bug - Address the ClassNotFoundException error associated with motion detection and Java (without the need for end users to employ a workaround fix)

• Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails and FTP posts (independent of FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection FTP posts and emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes) [FIXED!]
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message) [FIXED!]

nullit

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2014, 09:19:05 AM »

Option to have cam name and date/time (24hr format) superimposed on FTP images and on live web video, as in the cam's own LIVE VIEW page :

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2014, 09:54:38 AM »

Option to have cam name and date/time (24hr format) superimposed on FTP images and on live web video, as in the cam's own LIVE VIEW page :

Added to the firmware wishlist...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2014, 09:55:54 AM »

DCS-930L Wishlist

• Genera - OSD Date/Time with formatting options
  • FTP - FTPS support

acellier

• Level 4 Member
Re: DCS-930L - Firmware Wishlist - FTP Test Message
« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2014, 01:32:29 PM »

Some background:
When one clicks in Setup/FTP to send an FTP Test Message, the camera stores the test message in the server at "Host Name"+"Path".
(incidentally, explicitly placing a "/" at the beginning of Path *appears* to be optional under v1.09).
However, before writing the TestMessage image to the server, the camera generates a Date/Time Suffix folder (at least, when that option is selected) named as the appropriate time interval inside the appropriate Day folder. If there are no motion triggers during that interval, then this folder remains empty. This can lead to confusion.

Recommendation: Test Message should go into the new created folder; or, do not create new folder, in response to TestMessage request.

This behavior was discovered while reviewing server logs, during troubleshooting of the inability of DCS-930L cameras to write to named domain as Host Name (workaround: numeric IP).

rstark18

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2014, 09:12:02 AM »

Can we have a log file or does onboard memory size not allow this.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-930L - Firmware Wishlist - FTP Test Message
« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2014, 02:26:49 PM »

Some background:
When one clicks in Setup/FTP to send an FTP Test Message, the camera stores the test message in the server at "Host Name"+"Path".
(incidentally, explicitly placing a "/" at the beginning of Path *appears* to be optional under v1.09).
However, before writing the TestMessage image to the server, the camera generates a Date/Time Suffix folder (at least, when that option is selected) named as the appropriate time interval inside the appropriate Day folder. If there are no motion triggers during that interval, then this folder remains empty. This can lead to confusion.

Recommendation: Test Message should go into the new created folder; or, do not create new folder, in response to TestMessage request.

This behavior was discovered while reviewing server logs, during troubleshooting of the inability of DCS-930L cameras to write to named domain as Host Name (workaround: numeric IP).

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2014, 02:27:08 PM »

Can we have a log file or does onboard memory size not allow this.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11