• April 26, 2024, 05:27:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Firmware 1.13 upgrade not working... BIN version available?  (Read 9890 times)

bjbgraphics

Firmware 1.13 upgrade not working... BIN version available?
« on: December 06, 2008, 10:55:27 AM »

The DLink Firmware Upgrade program is not working for my DIR-628. Is the 1.13 firmware and future firmware upgrades going to be made available in the BIN format at any point or is D-Link going to be distributing firmware using the upgrader from now on?

When I run the DLink Firmware Upgrade program, the error says "Cannot log in to router. Please check the wiring, retype the password if needed, then click the Next button." The password is correct as I am able to login to the router through the interface.

BJB
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 11:14:57 AM by bjbgraphics »

Daskid

• Level 1 Member
Re: Firmware 1.13 upgrade not working... BIN version available?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 11:03:52 PM »

Same thing is happening to me. Can't update the firmware of the router.

arod

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 10:34:55 AM »

Do you folks have any firewalls or anti-virus softwares running? Please temporarily disable them and try again.

funchords

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 05:36:29 PM »

Do you folks have any firewalls or anti-virus softwares running? Please temporarily disable them and try again.
I have Linux, so if D-Link is moving to Win32 .EXE for firmware, I'm pretty inconvenienced.

Daskid

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 11:28:19 PM »

Disabled both my firewall and antivirus. Still a no go...  :(

arod

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 02:41:10 PM »

Daskid,

Backup your config and perform a hard reset of the unit (Router will be set to factory). Then try run the exe file again. Also what is the current firmware version on the unit?

bjbgraphics

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 07:55:27 AM »

I finally got the Upgrader program to work after resetting the DIR-628 to the default configuration (save configuration first so it can be loaded back afterwards), disabling the Windows Firewall, and plugging the computer I was updating from directly to the router.

I run the DIR-628 as an access point off of my DGL-4300 for a wireless Xbox 360 to connect to. When running the upgrader from one of the computers connected to the DGL-4300, it fails detection of the DIR-628.

I can understand why such a utility was created, as it automates the process and even saves the original configuration loading it back after the firmware is updated, but in my case it is much more of a hassle. And for people like funchords who are not running Windows it basically kills any possibility of updating the DIR-628.

Ru-Fi-Oh, do you know if D-Link will only be providing the upgrader from now on, or is there still a way for the bin format to be acquired?

BJB

arod

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 11:55:08 AM »

Yeah it appears only the DIR-628 and 625 will be using exe files from now on to upgrade firmware to include securespot. Not sure why.. I don't have control over these things  :-\  I'll try to find out though if there is way just to get the bin file up somewhere.. perhaps here on the forums? I can't guarantee it though.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 11:56:04 AM »

There is not .bin available. Sorry guys.