• March 28, 2024, 03:15:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: D-Link D-ViewCam + Windows 7  (Read 38962 times)

noop

• Level 1 Member
    • PC Help Headquarters
D-Link D-ViewCam + Windows 7
« on: September 22, 2009, 05:28:36 PM »

Hello,

I just purchased this web cam, and thought I would give it a try on my windows 7 machine.  The software WILL NOT make it through installation without running as an administrator.

Second, when I go to run the program as an Administrator, it crashes instantly.
Third, running the uninstaller crashes too on step 6/6.

I have tried running in compatibility mode, but no such luck in that either.

Also, the installation disk that comes with the product isn't even recognized by Windows 7 :O

Anyone know of any solutions to get this thing working?
Thanks!
-noop

WyreNut

• Level 2 Member
Re: D-Link D-ViewCam + Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 05:46:36 PM »

Hello noop, heck, many of us are impatiently waiting for a Vista64 bit version to arrive!

Get in line buddy!  ;)

WyreNut
Moderator, Palm Inc. Community Forums
http://forums.palm.com

noop

• Level 1 Member
    • PC Help Headquarters
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 05:51:18 PM »

Hope it is soon :D

bartmoore

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 11:01:26 AM »

I just spoke to a tech support and asked if the 920 works on a 64 bit platform.  "Oh, sure.  Just make sure you download the latest D-ViewCam software" .  I checked and it was last updated in 2008.  I don't think the TS person knew what she was talking about. 

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 11:17:20 AM »

The camera will work fine in a 64 bit environment however the D-ViewCam2 software does not yet have a 64bit version. Yes the TS agent was mistaken unfortunately.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

WyreNut

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 02:09:09 PM »

While we appreciate the reply ECF, "working fine" to most of us means having the ability to use the software included with the device to record surveillance video from our businesses. 

I could understand if the cams still being sold by Dlink were all "eol'd", and the excuse was "Well, it worked on the platform it was made for" - that would still make sense. 

Since my cam is still being sold (DCS-5300G) I would expect Dlink to keep up with the market the cams are being connected to!   >:(

WyreNut

noop

• Level 1 Member
    • PC Help Headquarters
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 03:48:14 PM »

Can you give us an ETA of when your new software will come out?  From what I can see, this issue has been here for months and many users are waiting for an answer.  Could you at least post some beta builds so the community can help?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 04:01:42 PM »

Sorry I don't have an ETA or any information regarding a 64bit version. I will let you know If I do there has never really been a market for 64bit OS systems but it seems to be more and more popular now so I will definitely push for this on my side.

noop

• Level 1 Member
    • PC Help Headquarters
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 04:13:15 PM »

Never a market?  Windows 7 is going to be the last windows OS that will be x32, and over the last year with Windows Vista, x64 has really made a huge push in the market.  Where is the marketing department lol  You guys should be on the cutting edge ;)

Jasher

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 03:11:25 AM »

Sadly, this is not the first time I have had problems with D-Link equipment. I bought this DCS-920 without investigating as I should have.

The software ran on my machine for about an hour after I left the building, and this is after fighting with it for about 6 hours. I have tried it on XP 32 bit, Vista 64 bit, and on Windows 7 64 bit, and have come to the conclusion that it is the most useless piece of software that has ever been written.

The ones who have written it, should be sacked.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 04:31:33 PM »

It didn't run on XP 32bit??
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 01:33:22 PM by ECF »

ZeusFaber99

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 12:32:17 PM »

Bump.

Add 1 more for 64bit!  A lot of high end consumer PC's are shipping with Windows 7 64bit and 6gb of ram now.  Hopefully our cries will be heard and they will release a 64bit version of D-Viewcam!

:-[

D-Link Multimedia

• Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2009, 04:15:39 PM »

We are currently working on a version of software compatible with 64bit systems. I can not give an exact ETA and beta is currently not available.

DESIi1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2009, 10:39:25 AM »

I am running D-ViewCam in the XP virtual machine which is a download for Win7 64B.  So any of the free VMs running in 32B should work.

Now if D-ViewCan just had more capability.  A simple popup notification of motion would make me a happy guy.  I sold my WiLife cams because they wanted $80 a year to make the motion notification work.   

WyreNut

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2009, 11:28:00 AM »

We are currently working on a version of software compatible with 64bit systems. I can not give an exact ETA and beta is currently not available.

Hooray!  I just hope my camera lasts long enough to take advantage of this release!

WyreNut
Pages: [1] 2