• April 16, 2024, 01:26:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Brother MFC-665CW won't print DIR-601  (Read 4496 times)

BarneyDad123

• Level 1 Member
Brother MFC-665CW won't print DIR-601
« on: February 20, 2011, 09:16:30 PM »

Here's the situation.  I go through the printer installation for my Brother 665CW.  During the install, the printer shows up.  In my router's client table, I see the printer.  When I print a network setup page, the IPs and MACs match what's on the router.  Everything should work.  The status icon for the printer on both my computers (one wired to the the router, one wireless) is grey.  (green=connected, ready to print; red=error;grey=not connected)  If I send something to the printer, of course nothing prints.  It times out on my computer.  The weird part is that sometimes, after several hours, even days, my docs will suddenly print.  What the heck?  I read on some forums that the WLAN partition can get in the way but it's not turned on so that can't be the problem.  Except for security, most everything is on the default setting.  I'm not using WPS.  The security I'm using is compatible with the printer (like I said, it connected to the router and the router sees the printer.  It's like the computers are ignoring the printer.  Both computers are running Windows 7.  I've tried both the win7 and vista drivers, thinking it was a driver problem.  Two months ago, when I switched from my ATT modem/router everything was working perfectly.  I tried to emulate as many setting from that as I could.  What magic check box am I forgetting to click?  Thanks for your help!

Kuristaru

• Level 1 Member
Re: Brother MFC-665CW won't print DIR-601
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 09:36:58 PM »

I am having a similar problem with my Brother MFC-495CW wireless printer in which I cannot print anything even though it states that the printer is connected through the router DIR-601.