• April 24, 2024, 03:04:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Why do I hear constant noise when viewing from www.mydlink.com?  (Read 11991 times)

twinmommie

• Level 1 Member
Why do I hear constant noise when viewing from www.mydlink.com?
« on: January 19, 2012, 04:17:33 PM »

I just purchased my DSC-932L camera and it works fine EXCEPT when I am viewing it from www.mydlink.com, I always hear a static noise which doesn't seem to be coming from the location where the camera is set up.  It seems to be coming from the camera itself.  Is there some way to eliminate this irritating noise?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Why do I hear constant noise when viewing from www.mydlink.com?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 09:16:24 AM »

Unfortunately, the clicking you are referring to is a systemic issue in the DCS-930L and DCS-932L.
No solution to remove the clicking is presently available.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

bmail6

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 10:12:17 AM »

Hi,

You could try and disable the sound from the set up menu.

You find this in the web interface/set up/audio.

bob

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 10:45:54 AM »

Hi,

You could try and disable the sound from the set up menu.

You find this in the web interface/set up/audio.

bob

Disabling sound will not eliminate the clicking AND permit sound monitoring from the on-board microphone.

nm42

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 05:29:42 PM »

Hey JavaLawyer, I'm not sure what your connection is with DLink, but you seem to be the only person who posts consistently, and you seem to at least maybe know someone at DLink.

I'm a software developer and I've written support for a slew of the netcams out there, and just recently I added support for the DCS-932L to one of the libraries I'm responsible for.  In the process of verifying the mjpeg implementation, I also decided to support audio for the camera (which is trivial, it's just serviced by another HTTP request, for those interested, it's just "/audio.cgi").  I did run across one thing that I found interesting - the audio is nothing special, just run of the mill PCM data, single channel, 16000 hz, 16 bit samples... But this is the interesting part - the webserver streams audio whether or not it's muted, you can toggle it on and off and hear it - but the really interesting part is that all the audio artifacts that people are complaining about are present whether or not audio is being played back.  To be clear, with no audio present from the camera, if it were streaming silence, I would expect silence - but instead I hear the pops and static people talk about.  To me, this would indicate that the issue is definitely in software, and not some hardware issue that couldn't be solved.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this, because it's a great camera with the only real fail in my book being the audio.

hobozombie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 04:43:12 PM »

I have both a DCS-932L and DCS-942L. They both are installed in the same room. Only the DCS-932L has the noisy audio. The audio from the DCS-942L is fine.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 07:02:14 AM »

Sorry for the late reply, this post seems to have fallen off my radar. Thank you for identifying the audio stream, many users have unsuccessfully attempted correctly identify the audio stream path to add to third party monitoring applications.

Your observations regarding the clicking noise is good news, presuming D-Link intends to provide a firmware update addressing the issue. Thank you again for the information.

Hey JavaLawyer, I'm not sure what your connection is with DLink, but you seem to be the only person who posts consistently, and you seem to at least maybe know someone at DLink.

I'm a software developer and I've written support for a slew of the netcams out there, and just recently I added support for the DCS-932L to one of the libraries I'm responsible for.  In the process of verifying the mjpeg implementation, I also decided to support audio for the camera (which is trivial, it's just serviced by another HTTP request, for those interested, it's just "/audio.cgi").  I did run across one thing that I found interesting - the audio is nothing special, just run of the mill PCM data, single channel, 16000 hz, 16 bit samples... But this is the interesting part - the webserver streams audio whether or not it's muted, you can toggle it on and off and hear it - but the really interesting part is that all the audio artifacts that people are complaining about are present whether or not audio is being played back.  To be clear, with no audio present from the camera, if it were streaming silence, I would expect silence - but instead I hear the pops and static people talk about.  To me, this would indicate that the issue is definitely in software, and not some hardware issue that couldn't be solved.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this, because it's a great camera with the only real fail in my book being the audio.