Eagle Pro AI > R15

R15 - Firmware 1.04.04 Hotfix released

(1/3) > >>

GreenBay42:
Firmware hotfix released for the R15 router. This patch fixed mesh issues and reconnection issues with range extenders. If using with an E15 range extender, update the E15 to 1.04.04 hotfix.

Firmware - https://support.dlink.com/resource/PRODUCTS/R15/FIRMWARE/R15_REVA_FIRMWARE_v1.04.04_HOTFIX.zip

davevt31:
New firmware installed.  This router doesn't seem to like to complete a reboot.  Upgrade finished completely but power light was still orange, had to unplug to get it to come back. 

sh0nuff:
After upgrade and reboots.. the secondary R15 and my updated E15 both connect to mesh but drop often due to showing poor connectivity to the main R15...
Doesn't make sense because truly they are not that far away.
It does appear that I am having less connectivity issues with my devices though..

davevt31:
Sometimes if they are too close, that can be an issue too.

peharri:
(Updated)

OK, I went from 1.04.01BETA to 1.04.04 on both my extender and main router.

Neither seemed to want to upgrade automatically, they both announced they were running the latest firmware version. Does 1.04.04 identify itself as 1.04.01 somewhere or is it just not available for automatic upgrades yet?

On the R15 being used as an extender, the device didn't show the new version number even after a reboot until the main R15 was also upgraded.

For the main R15 (the router): I'd like to confirm what davevr31 says about the reboot. In my case the main router froze with 3 white lights, unpingable, no Wi-Fi signal, etc. Turning it off and on completed the update.

Anyway it's all working right now.

I'll try some longer term tests over the next week or two and report back. I'm glad to report the DHCP server issue I reported is still fixed.

Is this likely to fix the issue with R15s configured as extenders rebooting unexpectedly occasionally?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version