• April 17, 2024, 09:33:22 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Wired setup, slow speeds - services not working.  (Read 2206 times)

calmdown

• Level 1 Member
Wired setup, slow speeds - services not working.
« on: February 07, 2010, 03:36:26 AM »

Hi, a couple of days ago i figured it was time to upgrade my old 10/100 netgear router witch has served me well, and i had no real problems with it, but it was getting old and I've only heard good things about DIR 655.

Initial setup was a nightmare, firmwares that didn't work, random internal ip's etc.

But now i have found a firmware that seems to work (1.21EU) and i have linked the MAC adresses on my attached devices to ip's, so everything looks tidy.

However things that used to work flawlessly and fast is now either not working at all or is slow, for eample:

When connecting with ssh from my laptop(sony vaio vgn-fz38m) to the htpc(asrock ion 330 ht) with xbmclive installed the login process takes ages, before it used to be instant.

xbmclive also has a built in weather feature, but that stopped working completely, as with the plugins (live streaming, youtube, etc..)

So i figured i had to open up ports, but before digging in to that i decided to try and put the htpc in the DMZ, but everything stays the same. (not working, and slow)

If i plug in my old router instead everything works.

All my devices is as following:

Sony Vaio VGN-FZ38M
Asrock ION 330 HT
Popcorn Hour A-110
eTRAYz NAS

Streaming from the eTRAYz to all my other devices works fine, even 1080p.

Maybe someone has a suggestion? just tell me if you want more info on my settings or anything.

Thanks, really.

EDIT: and yeah, everything is CAT6 wired, wireless is turned OFF.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 03:41:14 AM by calmdown »