The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DNR-202L

How I fixed the DNR-202L from Continous Recording when Configured for Motion Det

(1/6) > >>

olanwade:
I had a problem where the DNR was recording continuously even though I had it configured for motion detection. I configured the DCS-932 cameras for motion detection always. I set up the DNR for motion detection in the events, but the DNR-202L was recording video continuously. This was gobbling up disk space pretty quickly.
Here's how I fixed it. I logged in to the DNR via the web interface and went to Live Video. Below the list of cameras (right side) I noticed the record button and it was red (recording). I clicked on the record button turning off the record function. I didn't change any other configuration of the cameras or previous event setup on the DNR. I then went to the Status tab and saw that the cameras were connected and in standby (recording status). Previously the status always showed recording. I then walked from room to room while monitoring the status and noticed when the camera detected motion the recording status changed to ALERT then back toStandby after the set event record times. I also verified that the recorded events showed up correctly in the Playback tab > View Recorded Files.
If you're having the problem of continuous recording of video with motion detection enabled try this.

HaveBlue:
Thanks for that. Part two, set each camera's motion detection either in mydlink.com or web setup. Part three, set the DNR 202 Event recording to all green bars (Even) instead of red bars (continuous) for the selected camera's in the Event setup.

FurryNutz:
Thanks for sharing. Hope it helps future users.  ;)

hda:
Thanks for that, I were fighting with the DNR because of the continuous recording. It happens after I used the "DNR-202L_Setup_Wizard_v2.03.00.exe"

FurryNutz:
I would try using the on board set up wizard on the DNR itself.

--- Quote from: hda on October 11, 2016, 03:53:42 AM ---Thanks for that, I were fighting with the DNR because of the continuous recording. It happens after I used the "DNR-202L_Setup_Wizard_v2.03.00.exe"

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version