• March 29, 2024, 01:17:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Websites hang  (Read 20697 times)

MikeURL

• Level 1 Member
Websites hang
« on: November 28, 2009, 11:34:20 AM »

I've looked through the forum and I have not seen this specifically mentioned.  I know people have had the router hang (and I had that problem with 132NA).  However, I went ahead and gave the 132b09 a try.

The router isn't hanging anymore but webpages are.  I know it is just webpages because even as a webpage will hang both my torrents and XBOX Live are working just fine.  This happens on both wired and wireless.  I've checked the logs as the webpages hang and I don't see anything.  And I'm not talking about obscure websites...even google is hanging at random.

I guess the question is what can I do to isolate this?  Would a good strategy be to turn off the DNS relay and then renew my IP config?  Or is there a better way...more direct?

Sammydad1

• Level 5 Member
Re: Websites hang
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 10:42:44 PM »

Hi,

Try another browser and see if it gives the same result.  IE8 has some issues with some people if you have too many tabs open...

I have seen firefox or Opera work smoother than IE8 depending on the site....

SD1
DIR-655 A2, FW: 1.35NA

Flak

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 07:54:31 PM »

I updated to beta9.  The router has been up for 16days now (re: no restarts).  The first couple days I thought it was perfect, but then I started noticing weird things when just browsing the internet.  It's not the browser I'm using (I have many installed for testing purposes for work) nor is it PC or connection specific.  But it is definitely something with the router.  I can hook my cable modem directly to a pc and share the connection and have zero browsing problems.  I can hook the modem to one of my many firewall distro laptops and have no problems.  I can hook it up to a backup router I have (before I started using spare laptops as firewall distros) and have no problems.  As soon as I hook the dir-655 back up and have it reconnect I have browsing problems again.  Problems I'm experiencing specifically:

websites timing out
pictures not loading
streaming stutters (hulu, metacafe, youtube, etc)

*I haven't tried restarting the router yet as I am trying to see how long it is before the router reboots/resets itself.

cs120

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 10:56:30 PM »

I'm getting the same thing, at first I thought it was Firefox but I tried with IE8,Opera,chrome same thing..

Direct connect to modem no problems. Problems are back when Dir-655 is hooked up. I'm using Beta 9.

bigeyes0x0

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 10:10:27 AM »

Well I had something like this and I'm also on this beta. I don't know if it's because of this firmware for sure so I reset my router then flash it again with 1.32b09. This time I setup everything by hand. Seems to be fine for now. I don't remember having this for the first few days running this firmware version and it might only happen after I change this and that settings inside its web interface, will update later.

jpm67

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 07:57:14 PM »

Try this:

Go to the advanced tab, under QOS setup, uncheck "Dynamic Fragmentation."

This fixed some streaming problems I was having.

alien

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 07:28:19 AM »

you can turn off several features, but Dlink has to fix it. Dlink how far are you with fixing these things?
First Router Draytek Vigor 2310N for performance an VPN

Backup routers Dlink Dir855, DIR 655
Backup router ASUS WL500GP Premium en WL500g with DDWRT.

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 01:22:05 PM »

you can turn off several features, but Dlink has to fix it. Dlink how far are you with fixing these things?

If it's caused by Dynamic fragementing it's something Dlink cannot fix. Some settings just influence your connection and that's also influenced by your network topology. Which can differ individually, thus the ooption to turn off some options. Did you try disabling Dynamic fragmentation and/or removing all QoS and priority settings? I can have router delay all http data just by configuring QoS...so these (user configurable) settings can cause your symptoms too... And since you don't mention any details on your config....
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

alien

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 07:23:20 AM »

i can tell you that i rgerde ever to upgrade from version 1.21 to 1.32, the stability i very worse, and the connection speed also.

I working as a network/system engineer for many years and i never see so a worse connection even with 3 10DBI antennes i placed on the dir655. So dont say annything about dlink cannot fix it, they fixed it in version 1.21 also.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 07:28:40 AM by alien »

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 12:42:31 PM »

i can tell you that i rgerde ever to upgrade from version 1.21 to 1.32, the stability i very worse, and the connection speed also.

I working as a network/system engineer for many years and i never see so a worse connection even with 3 10DBI antennes i placed on the dir655. So dont say annything about dlink cannot fix it, they fixed it in version 1.21 also.

My wireless signal is still the same as with 1.11. 1.21 is considered to be a firmware with many quirks. And if you have a real good look at the forum the number of issues mentioned are becoming less and less.

Bottom line is that if your user settings are incorrect, that's something Dlink cannot fix. But I qwas also hinting towards providing more info, as a network/system engineer you should know that if you really want some help you really need to provide more data.

alien

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 02:03:45 AM »

this is al the second thime in this firmwzre that i have o reset the settings and load them agian, and then i need to unplug the powercord otherwhise i dont get internet with firmware 1.32 b4-01 i didn't get thisproblem.

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 05:00:00 AM »

this is al the second thime in this firmwzre that i have o reset the settings and load them agian, and then i need to unplug the powercord otherwhise i dont get internet with firmware 1.32 b4-01 i didn't get thisproblem.

Did you do a clean install/manual config or are you loading the saved config file? It is strongly advised to do a manual config.

PS: beta software/firmware is ****e to have some inregularities. So it is by nature not a finshed product.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 05:01:59 AM by EddieZ »

alien

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 05:32:24 AM »

I reloaded my config, otherwhise i have to many wordk to put in mine settings. And i followed dlink instructions on how to reload your settings again. Dlink doesn't say do it manually. Its a bug in the firmware. My hardware is an A2

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 07:18:31 AM »

Dlink does not say (although they do admit this is a wiase thing to do), but if you had read one of the manyy posts about firmware issues you would have noticed that a completely new manual setup solves many, many issues after flashing.

But if you want to keep up reloading saved configs and don't want to take some advice: be my guest, but stop whining.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 07:21:09 AM by EddieZ »

Cobra

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2009, 12:42:38 PM »

I reloaded my config, otherwhise i have to many wordk to put in mine settings. And i followed dlink instructions on how to reload your settings again. Dlink doesn't say do it manually. Its a bug in the firmware. My hardware is an A2

Push and hold in the reset on the back of the unit until all the light flash.
Go into the router and manually enter your setup.
Pages: [1] 2