• April 16, 2024, 12:25:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: New mydlink lite for iphone app (v.3.0.0) and motion detection.  (Read 3707 times)

GarethOwen

• Level 1 Member

Hi - I purchased a new DCS-932L camera at the weekend.  The DCS-932L supports motion detection but one of the biggest omissions in the settings seemed to be lack of control over motion detection (not easy to set it up to not send you emails when you're in the house without going through the fiddly admin interface every time you leave or come back).

Anyway, I downloaded the 'mydlink lite' app from the apple app store for my iphone and was happy to see that this new version (3.0.0) of the app says 'New feature: Motion/Sound detection : After setting on the mydlink website, you can enable and disable motion and sound detection from the app.'.

However, when i go into the settings page in the app where the introduction on the app shows me I will find the motion detection toggle switch I only see one option: 'Rename'. No motion detection option at all.

Anyone having the same problem? 

I assume the new app is buggy.  I even tried calling d-link tech support, who claimed for ages not to know anything about the app, then told me to send an email.  not very impressed.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 11:03:54 AM by GarethOwen »

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: New mydlink lite for iphone app (v.3.0.0) and motion detection.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 09:20:02 PM »

What iPhone OS are you running?  ???

acellier

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 12:12:49 PM »

However, when i go into the settings page in the app where the introduction on the app shows me I will find the motion detection toggle switch I only see one option: 'Rename'. No motion detection option at all.
Anyone having the same problem?  ...
Yes, we see the same thing here on an iPodTouch3G with iOS5.1.1
Maybe that only works with the newer DCS-93x that have sound detection trigger ...

scdigger

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 08:38:25 AM »

Same here...just rename.