• April 26, 2024, 02:08:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: dns-323 UPnP refresh is stalled at 2%  (Read 4750 times)

birdog

• Level 1 Member
dns-323 UPnP refresh is stalled at 2%
« on: November 06, 2010, 12:57:32 PM »

Hi there,

I recently changed the UPnP settings on my DS-323 (rev 1.0.9) to root on volume 1. I clicked refresh, but the refresh rate has been stuck at 2% for well over a day now, despite several restarts, etc.

Approximately 1 out of 1.5TB is used on this volume and I thought since it includes a large number of files, it might just be a long process... but it seems odd the % amount hasn't changed at all in that length of time. When I access the NAS from my WD TV Live media box, the files available are not up to date.

any ideas?
DNS-323 rev C1, fw 1.0.8, 2x 1.5TB seagate drives

jamieburchell

• Level 6 Member
Re: dns-323 UPnP refresh is stalled at 2%
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 01:59:29 PM »

It wouldn't surprise me if it took forever to index and sift through 1TB of files. Are they all media files?
If your little 323 is not working right,
You've racked your brains and been up all night
Take a deep breath and wipe away the sweat,
Login as web admin and try a factory reset!

birdog

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 02:22:01 PM »

It wouldn't surprise me if it took forever to index and sift through 1TB of files. Are they all media files?

No, it's a mix of media and back ups Among other things, there are several folders of stuff from way back (MAC OS9 days) so originally I was thinking what you said. But it hasn't budged from 2% mark for over a day. Which leads me to believe there are probably some files with wonky names that the 323 doesn't like...
DNS-323 rev C1, fw 1.0.8, 2x 1.5TB seagate drives

jamieburchell

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 04:21:39 PM »

Possibly. You might consider only selecting the directory that your media is in within the UPnP options. That way it doesn't have to sift through hundreds more files than it needs to.
If your little 323 is not working right,
You've racked your brains and been up all night
Take a deep breath and wipe away the sweat,
Login as web admin and try a factory reset!