• April 15, 2024, 09:37:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Beta Firmware 1.12NA Build05 Feedback and Comments!  (Read 60436 times)

fatalad

• Level 1 Member
Re: Beta Firmware 1.12NA Build05 Feedback and Comments!
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2009, 04:54:19 PM »

I still have no issues with the 1.12 firmware its been about a week, kinda of weird sorry to hear some of you are still having problems

mbg

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2009, 06:04:02 PM »

I still have no issues with the 1.12 firmware its been about a week, kinda of weird sorry to hear some of you are still having problems

Same here... I had the DNS relay-related problem with 1.11 but no problems with 1.12 so far.

kruser

• Level 1 Member
Can't use MAC or Network Filtering
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2009, 06:33:03 PM »

I can no longer use Network Filter (MAC Filter).
I've always used the 825 as an access point only with no WAN connection.
Ever since FW 1.11 and this 1.12NA version Mac filtering breaks internet access for ALL wireless clients.
When MAC filter is on I can still see the wireless clients from all other wired and wireless clients as well as see all other clients both wired and wireless froma wireless client.
But, when MAC filter is on all wireless clients have NO internet access. They all connect to the 825 without any issues.
Some simple testing shows that when MAC filtering is on that ALL internet requests try to go out through the unused WAN port instead of routing over the LAN port like they did in FW 1.00 and 1.01.
Local subnet 192.168.xxx.xxx requests do route over the LAN port as they should.
My only option for now is to disable Network Filter or MAC filtering but I'd really love to be able to use it again. When it is disabled then everything works great.

arod

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2009, 01:31:23 PM »

Once again.. the people that did upgrade to 1.12Build05 did you reset the router to factory default after the firmware upgrade and build a config from scratch? Do not load a previously saved config!

kruser

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2009, 01:37:54 PM »

I did a restore to default twice and rebuilt the config from scratch by hand but the mac filtering issue persists.
FW 1.11 was when I noticed this issue.

hogdoc

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2009, 04:22:00 PM »

Yes, did a factory restore and fresh manual reconfig. It just crashed again after 2.5 days of up time! Opps, looks like this router had an unfortunate accident and is being RMAed! Good luck fixing this mess.

mbg

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2009, 04:27:02 PM »

Once again.. the people that did upgrade to 1.12Build05 did you reset the router to factory default after the firmware upgrade and build a config from scratch? Do not load a previously saved config!

I didn't.

I had problems with 1.11 and did do a config reset, which didn't fix the problem.
I haven't had problems with 1.12 and did not do a config reset (I restored my 1.11 settings).

KaarSar

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2009, 05:41:27 PM »

hmm, it seems that shareport doesn't work any more?
This is just great.

Well, let's hope that at least it will stop dropping connections, it'll always be something (and the reason I decided to leave 1.01, despite some helpful souls telling me to stick with it). So far so good. Haven't seen a big change in performance though, still mediocre at best when you get over 20 feet away.

I do expect shareport to work soon enough.

mbg

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2009, 07:20:43 PM »

Finally, mine stopped working with 1.12... needed a manual reboot because I had no Internet access and couldn't access the router admin page. I guess I'll disable DNS relay again...

claykin

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2009, 08:12:35 PM »

Ubicom development tool problem?  Seems that users have an issue regardless of whether they default or not.

BOFslime

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2009, 09:15:40 PM »

I was up and running on 1.12b5 for a few days and thought all was well, then hit massive amounts of latency/packetloss while in a game (wc3) this last Sunday night (same old issue I'd been having with 1.11), had to cold restart the router to correct.   I have reset to factory and rebuilt the config (Wireless status bug is also still present), I have also tried various config settings (disabling wish, disabling QOS, etc) to try and unload the device.  My home has a single pc, so priorities don't net anything other than slightly increased processing lag (not really noticeable but still not needed) though I have tried both enabled and disabled qos.

little background:
I had a lot of issues using the dwa-160 usb adapter.  Seemed like bus throughput issues as I would get momentary drops (2-4 full sec) in layer 3, but the OS didn't report signal loss. I replaced this with the pcie card, dwa-556.  I no longer had drops, online gameplay was smooth again.  However the signal reception was significantly lower (not to mention the 556 adapter did not support 5ghz).  After playing around with antenna position, router position I found and subsequently upgraded from 1.01 to 1.11 hoping it would improve my signaling issues.  It did not, and I encountered all the problems people have noted with 1.11.  I had tried various drivers, including the most up to date Atheros (non dlink) drivers for my 556 and nothing worked.  However, reinstalling my os to a fresh copy of win7 increased my noise margins by nearly double, and I am now fairly satisfied with my wireless signal, even though the broadcom g chipset on my laptop gets a full -98db sitting on the desk next to my desktop. All I would like is stable throughput.

local network:
Router: dir-825
NIC: dwa-556
Inet provider: brighthouse/roadrunner turbo 20Mbit/2Mbit
wireless config:  N and G only, 2.4ghz only on chan 1 and 5 (40hz bandwidth), all other wireless AP's in area are on chan 6.  PC is about 30ft from AP, and separated by 1 interior wall.

wfdavis

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2009, 04:48:19 PM »

What's this? Now 1.12NA is now the official release? No longer a beta? But my router still locks up with beta 1.12NA with the DNS relay enabled.
I'm going to have to look for another brand router. This is just stupid.

chucklesjh

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2009, 08:51:28 PM »

What's this? Now 1.12NA is now the official release? No longer a beta? But my router still locks up with beta 1.12NA with the DNS relay enabled.
I'm going to have to look for another brand router. This is just stupid.
I'm in agreement, but I can't afford another router, I already spent over $100 on this one back in Feb and am not willing to spend more than that on a new one, the netgear equivalent is worse than this router, and the Linksys one is just too expensive.

This new firmware is stupid, it doesn't help that my idiot brother decided it would be a great idea to upgrade my RMA'd router to 1.11, idiot.  So, now I'm using 1.12 with the same issues!

kickstart

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2009, 10:15:29 PM »

Am I missing something in these posts? I've been running for 5 days with no lockups with DNS relay disabled. I also rebuilt my config from scratch.

Does DNS relay provide much value anyway? I agree 1.11 was a nightmare, but if 1.12 with DNS relay is off works, then not sure why anyone would need to RMA this thing.

SharePort is another problem entirely. Maybe it doesn't work but I'd wager that most people would find it useless anyway given the design limitations.

sda

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2009, 09:05:45 AM »

Am I missing something in these posts? I've been running for 5 days with no lockups with DNS relay disabled. I also rebuilt my config from scratch.

Does DNS relay provide much value anyway? I agree 1.11 was a nightmare, but if 1.12 with DNS relay is off works, then not sure why anyone would need to RMA this thing.

SharePort is another problem entirely. Maybe it doesn't work but I'd wager that most people would find it useless anyway given the design limitations.

Could someone please explain how to turn DSN/Relay off in the router, I know that it's under the router settings but the checkmark is greyed out, how are you able to turn it off? 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5